Grifols Shared Services North America, Inc Purchasing Administrator in Clayton, North Carolina
Grifols is a global healthcare company whose mission is to improve the health and well being of people. Our three divisions –Bioscience, Diagnostic and Hospital–develop, produce and market our innovative products and services to medical professionals in more than 100 countries.
We are committed to fostering an environment that creates continuous learning opportunities and encourages professional development and growth. As a company devoted to improving the health and well-being of people, we are looking for talented professionals worldwide. Make a difference and join us in this challenging and rewarding enterprise.
Purchasing Administrator (PA) reviews vendor contracts and manages the compliance activities for vendor insurance and all associated tasks on a daily basis. The PA creates and documents processes related to the PA job, including training documents. The PA manages scanning projects for the department and sets up the appropriate document repository. The PA expedites delivery of assigned materials and also performs various clerical duties, such as departmental supplies, express mail, filing and maintenance of various purchasing files, compiles and calculates information for various reports. The PA regularly utilizes SAP for SOX audit reports / documents as needed in addition to various other functions.
● Maintains master vendor list for insurance, creates and distributes monthly insurance compliance reports. Reviews contracts and works with vendors and buyers to bring insurance coverage into compliance.
● Manages electronic loading documents and respective files to document repository
● Uses available technology to enter, create, and format letters, memorandums, reports, spreadsheets, presentations, and other documents in order to monitor company purchasing and spend activities
● Utilizes SAP to review vendor information and Purchase Order information
● Interacts with Grifols legal counsel and Risk Management departments.
● Supports document Naming Conventions and assists team with Naming Convention compliance.
● Maintains supplier relations for assigned category and places orders within authorized limits.
● Administer corporate purchasing card program with credit provider selected by Finance and Procurement Management, including reporting and compliance.
● Supports sourcing projects including decision making and implementation.
● Communicates with vendors to: place orders, expedite deliveries, solve invoice discrepancies, revise pick up and /or shipping schedules, and arrange returns.
● Maintains assigned supplier catalog information. Resolve supplier order and service issues.
● Assists in the implementation of supplier on-line purchasing systems. Trains internal customers on functionality and manages order throughput using on-line Supplier Purchasing Systems, SRM and SAP.
● Coordinates closely with Finance and Accounting Departments. Serves as the liaison to Facilities Maintenance, utilizing the Maximo work order tool.
● Supervises the maintenance of files of purchase orders, packaging and raw material documentation and specifications, Certificates of Insurance, and Procurement contracts.
Often required to work with confidential material, requiring adherence to respective company policy.
The Purchasing Administrator will be responsible for all areas of compliance for Certificate of Insurance, including the administration of the certTrax Database.
Interacts with and provides appropriate responses to members of the organization, customers, and vendors.
Observes and make suggestions to improve work processes.
Detail-oriented team player with outstanding problem-solving skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Proficient computer skills. Ability to work independently.
Must be able to read and understand contractual language related to insurance and components of a COI.
Proven experience working in an open office environment, not easily distracted by peripheral activities and conversations
Basic understanding of current purchasing practices and policies is desired.
Basic knowledge of SRM is desirable. Proficient in Microsoft Office software and Adobe software
High school diploma. Associates or Bachelor’s degree desirable.
Requires 5 years of related procurement work experience with a high school diploma or 1 year of related experience with an Associates or Bachelor’s degree.
Depending on the area of assignment, directly related experience or a combination of directly related education and experience and/or competencies may be considered in place of the stated requirements.
SALARY GRADE: N6
SHIFT: 1st (8:00AM to 4:30PM)
Work is performed in an office environment with exposure to electrical office equipment. Frequently sits for 6-8 hours per day. Frequent hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Occasionally walks and stands. Occasionally bends and twists neck. Light to moderate lifting and carrying objects with a maximum lift of 25lbs. Frequently drives to site locations with occasional travel within the United States. Able to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken and written words and sentences. Interacts with others, relates sensitive information to diverse groups. Must work with diverse groups to obtain consensus on issues.
Learn more about Grifols at http://www.grifols.com/es/web/international/home