Grifols Shared Services North America, Inc Training Coordinator in Lakewood, Colorado
Grifols is a global healthcare company whose mission is to improve the health and well being of people. Our three divisions –Bioscience, Diagnostic and Hospital–develop, produce and market our innovative products and services to medical professionals in more than 100 countries.
We are committed to fostering an environment that creates continuous learning opportunities and encourages professional development and growth. As a company devoted to improving the health and well-being of people, we are looking for talented professionals worldwide. Make a difference and join us in this challenging and rewarding enterprise.
Primary responsibilities for role:
● Directs, oversees and leads training within Plasma Collection Center by partnering with the Regional Training staff to ensure training compliance is met.
● Collaborates with regional training staff to meet training goals within the Plasma Collection Center and implements operational changes to enhance effectiveness.
● Continuously trains employees on new or modified scheduling process effectuated to accommodate donor cycle improvements.
● Conducts directs and leads training and related developmental activities needed to support operational objectives in support of the Plasma Collection Center Leadership Team.
● Oversees and coordinates the work of designated trainers throughout the center. Identifies areas of operational opportunity for continuous improvement.
● Supports management in implementation of corrective actions to eliminate regulatory deficiencies in training. May assist in the development and facilitation of operational training materials and programs.
● Creates, maintains, and audits compliant training records and files. Ensures center adherence to training Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) and annual training requirements, including new procedure training and re-certification activities.
● Establishes and maintains the ability to perform all tasks within the center; fulfills the role of production employees when the need arises.
● Reports all unsafe situations or conditions to Center Manager.
· High school diploma or GED.
· Typically requires no previous related experience. Experience in training role preferred. Experience with plasma or whole blood in a medical or cGMP regulated environment preferred.
Work is performed in a plasma center. Exposure to biological fluids with potential exposure to infectious organisms. Exposure to electrical office and laboratory equipment. Exposure to extreme cold below 32 degrees F while performing functions in plasma freezers. Personal protective equipment required such as protective eyewear, garments, gloves and cold-gear. Work is performed both standing and sitting for up to 2 to 4 hours per day each. The position does require bending and twisting of neck up from 1 to 2 hours per day. Frequent hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Ability to make precise coordinated movements, of the fingers to grasp and manipulate objects. Frequent foot movement; may squat, crouch or sit on one's heels on rare occasion. Occasionally walks, bends and twists at waist. Light lifting of 15lbs. with a maximum lift of 50lbs. May reach below shoulder height. Hearing acuity essential. Color perception/discrimination, near vision and far vision correctable in one eye to 20/30 and to 20/100 in the other eye. Able to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. Works independently and within guidance of oral or written instructions.
Performs a wide range of tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions. Relates sensitive information to diverse groups.
Learn more about Grifols at http://www.grifols.com/es/web/international/home