Grifols Shared Services North America, Inc Clinical Diagnostics Sales Spec in Seattle, Washington
Grifols is a global healthcare company whose mission is to improve the health and well being of people. Our three divisions –Bioscience, Diagnostic and Hospital–develop, produce and market our innovative products and services to medical professionals in more than 100 countries.
We are committed to fostering an environment that creates continuous learning opportunities and encourages professional development and growth. As a company devoted to improving the health and well-being of people, we are looking for talented professionals worldwide. Make a difference and join us in this challenging and rewarding enterprise.
The Clinical Diagnostics Sales Specialist plans, develops, and manages long-term relationships with target customer management teams as well as commercial initiatives to achieve or exceed sales targets. This includes development of strategies and plans that identify opportunities in a direct selling market. This position works in designated sales territory calling on hospitals, reference labs, pharmaceutical companies, and other institutions with clinical and/or clinical research laboratory facilities to achieve annual sales targets and ensuring customer satisfaction through selling clinical diagnostic instruments and reagents.
Build strategic customer relationships to foster a long-term relationship that favors Grifols’ product offerings across local, regional, and nation levels within the IDN/HealthSystem.
Identify account priorities from local hospital, reference lab, pharmaceutical company, clinical research facility, and regional IDN interactions that translate into business strategies. Work with the field teams to develop appropriate strategy to meet customer priorities, including a long-term vision for the partnership with the account.
Demonstrate a broad comprehension of the customer's needs, market trends, industry challenges, major players, relevant products and technologies.
Bring the breadth of the portfolio, services and solutions, and expertise to account.
Secure and coordinate necessary resources to communicate, deliver, and reinforce Grifols’ value proposition to the customer.
Develop a detailed account plan/forecast and an operating calendar that serves as the basis for weekly activities for self, and the broader account team.
Maximize, drive and achieve revenue/profit goals and account profitability for assigned sales territory.
Interface with new opportunities and customers to maintain and increase future sales of strategic and operational importance to the customer (includes events for new placements, replacements, and displacements).
Effective use of Budget Allocation and Strategic Planning.
Effective use and monitoring of all travel and expenses.
Monitor AR Aging report and ensure customers pay their bills on time.
Generate Sales Reports including targeted accounts and activities to achieve sales and operating income targets.
Ensure customers maintain their Inventory at contractually obligated levels
Generate accurate monthly sales and accrual forecasts
Achieve 100% to plan of annual sales and operating income objectives within the product portfolio.
Responsible for sales pipeline and forecast to close accuracy.
Key Performance Indicators / Measures for Success:
Financial and Business Results:
- Territory Revenue: targets will be set annually
Key client effectiveness/impact: targeted client contacts, involvement in key sales, number of contract wins
Strategies / contracts / channels
Regional coordination: implement Regional sales pipeline and marketing strategies
Field force effectiveness: performance against targets, product share, key product objectives
Product launch success: milestones, number of contracts won
Satisfaction of internal customers (i.e. Marketing, Finance, Legal, HR)
People, Capabilities, and Management:
Strong culture: customer & functional partner (TAS, FSE, etc.) satisfaction/commitment
Sales training program effectiveness
Code of conduct: compliance
Impact on the organization:
Imparts competitive knowledge to the organization. Drive top-line and operating income performance. Leads change in response to market changes and product launches.
Bachelor’s Degree required. Medical Technology, Biomedical Research or other laboratory equivalent certification a plus.
5 or more years of documented success selling capital equipment within medical laboratory settings and IDNs. Evidenced by stack rankings, awards, commendations, etc.
Prior knowledge of accounts in and around defined territory.
Must have a hunter mentality and experience working in a commission-oriented environment.
Strong written and oral communication skills.
Ability to work well within a team as well as independently.
Ability to manage sales pipeline and budgets.
Laboratory/diagnostics experience preferred.
Experience with distribution of OEM products.
Six Mission Critical Competencies:
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Can negotiate skilfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships; can be direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gains trust quickly of other parties to the negotiations; has a good sense of timing.
- Drive for Results
- Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Strategic Agility
- Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Organizational Agility
- Knowledgeable about how organizations work; knows how to get things done both through formal channels and informal network; understands the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices, and procedures; understands the cultures of organizations.
- Presentation Skills
- Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, direct reports, and bosses; is effective both inside and outside the organization, on both cool data and hot and controversial topics; commands attention and can manage group process during the presentation; can change tactics midstream when something isn't working.
60% or more overnight travel. Work environment my include handling and analysis of human serum on occasion for product demonstrations.
Learn more about Grifols at http://www.grifols.com/es/web/international/home