Grifols Shared Services North America, Inc Phlebotomist in Shaker Heights, Ohio
Grifols is a global healthcare company whose mission is to improve the health and well being of people. Our three divisions –Bioscience, Diagnostic and Hospital–develop, produce and market our innovative products and services to medical professionals in more than 100 countries.
We are committed to fostering an environment that creates continuous learning opportunities and encourages professional development and growth. As a company devoted to improving the health and well-being of people, we are looking for talented professionals worldwide. Make a difference and join us in this challenging and rewarding enterprise.
● Assists in determining the suitability of donors to undergo plasmapheresis prior to venipuncture.
● Responds to and assists with handling donor reactions in accordance with guidelines.
● Monitors donor and equipment to ensure health of donors and quality of product.
● Sets up, disconnects and operates the automated plasmapheresis machines including response and evaluation of all autopheresis troubleshooting displays, documentation of exceptions, etc.
● Ensures the proper calibration and maintenance of autopheresis machines and associated equipment. May be trained to repair plasma equipment.
● Disconnects and disposes of all contaminated disposable equipment.
● Ensures proper cleaning of equipment and work area between donors.
● Maintains accurate and thorough documentation of production records.
● Ensures donor confidentiality.
● Builds rapport with donors to ensure overall customer satisfaction with the center to support long-term donation.
● Learns and maintains thorough familiarity and compliance with all state and federal regulations, FDA-approved Standard Operating Procedure Manual, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA), Current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) and internal company procedures.
● Reports all unsafe situations or conditions to area lead, supervisor or manager.
To qualify as a Phlebotomist with Grifols, you need the following:
High School diploma, GED or foreign equivalency.
Prior knowledge of or experience working with state and federal healthcare regulations a plus.
Strong customer service skills. Proficient in speaking and writing English, with legible handwriting. Where applicable, bi-lingual skills.
Ability to understand and follow SOP’s and protocols.
Ability to work flexible scheduling to meet business needs.
Ability to perform in a highly-regulated, operations intensive, high-volume medical business in which the safety of donors and employees, as well as the quality of the plasma collected, are paramount.
Bilingual Spanish/Korean/Mandarin skills desirable
Level 1 (PO9300) Typically requires no previous related experience although preference may be given to those with some training or prior experience. Note that certain state licensures or certifications may apply. In addition, please understand that you will be working in a plasma center which includes exposure to biological fluids with potential exposure to infectious organisms. Personal protective equipment may be required, which will be provided at the company’s expense.
Level 2 (PO9301) Typically requires 1 year of experience in primary area. Note that certain state licensures or certifications may apply. In addition, please understand that you will be working in a plasma center which includes exposure to biological fluids with potential exposure to infectious organisms. Personal protective equipment may be required, which will be provided at the company’s expense.
May assist, plan and participate in marketing programs, community service activities, mentoring, training, facility care and continuous improvement activities.
High School diploma or GED. Obtains required state licensures or certifications where applicable.
Typically requires no previous related experience.
Occupational Demands Form # 74: Work is performed in a plasma center. Exposure to biological fluids with potential exposure to infectious organisms. Exposure to electrical office and laboratory equipment. Exposure to extreme cold below 32 degrees F while working in plasma freezer. Personal protective equipment required such as protective eyewear, garments, gloves and cold-gear. Work is performed standing for 6 to 8 hours per day. Bending and twisting neck and waist for 1-2 hours per day. Frequent hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Ability to make precise coordinated movements, of the fingers to grasp and manipulate objects. Frequent foot movement; may infrequently squat, crouch or sit on one's heels. May walk up to 6-8 hours per day. Light lifting of 15lbs. with a maximum lift of 50lbs. May reach below shoulder height. Hearing acuity essential. Color perception/discrimination, near vision and far vision correctable in one eye to 20/30 and to 20/100 in the other eye. Able to comprehend and follow instructions to complete assigned tasks. must possess the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. must perform within the guidance of both oral or written instructions. Relates sensitive information to diverse groups.
Learn more about Grifols at http://www.grifols.com/es/web/international/home