Grifols Shared Services North America, Inc Donor Center Technician in South Bend, Indiana
Grifols is a global healthcare company whose mission is to improve the health and well being of people. Our three divisions –Bioscience, Diagnostic and Hospital–develop, produce and market our innovative products and services to medical professionals in more than 100 countries.
We are committed to fostering an environment that creates continuous learning opportunities and encourages professional development and growth. As a company devoted to improving the health and well-being of people, we are looking for talented professionals worldwide. Make a difference and join us in this challenging and rewarding enterprise.
Donor Center Technician DCT
Primary responsibilities for role
● Conducts pre-donation medical screening in accordance with established guidelines.
● Determines Hematocrit (HCT) and Protein via finger stick and use of the hematastat and refractometer.
● Promotes customer satisfaction through appropriate interaction and responsiveness to customer needs.
● Assesses donor suitability and engages in set-up, monitor, and disconnect procedures of the plasmapheresis machine and donors.
● Provides appropriate feedback to ineligible donor candidates.
● Ensures all donor screening information is complete and accurate prior to donation.
● Ensures donor confidentiality.
● Effectively communicates donor medical information to Medical Staff.
● Establishes and maintains donor files in an organized and efficient manner.
● Maintains accurate and thorough documentation of necessary records.
● Assists in maintaining a clean, organized and efficient work area, including maintaining supplies necessary to perform job duties.
● Disposes of all contaminated disposable equipment.
● Builds rapport with donors to ensure overall customer satisfaction with the center to support long-term donation.
● Performs general administrative duties, including greeting donors in a friendly manner, answering phones, and assisting center management as needed.
● Learns and maintains through familiarity and compliance with all state and federal regulations, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved Standard Operating Procedure Manual, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA), Current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) and internal company procedures.
● Maintains and ensures proper sanitation and cleaning of equipment and work areas between donors.
May assist, plan and participate in marketing programs, community service activities, mentoring, training, facility care and continuous improvement activities.
High School diploma or GED. Obtains required state licensures or certifications where applicable.
Typically requires no previous related experience.
Occupational Demands Form # 71: Work is performed in a plasma center. Exposure to biological fluids with potential exposure to infectious organisms. Exposure to electrical office and laboratory equipment. Exposure to extreme cold below 32 degrees F while working in plasma freezer. Personal protective equipment required such as protective eyewear, garments, gloves and cold-gear. Work is performed sitting or standing for entire shift, bending and twisting neck and waist for 1-2 hours per day. Frequent hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Ability to make precise coordinated movements, of the fingers to grasp and manipulate objects. Frequent foot movement; may infrequently squat, crouch or sit on one's heels. Light lifting of 15lbs. with a maximum lift of 50lbs. May reach below shoulder height. Hearing acuity essential. Color perception/discrimination, near vision and far vision correctable in one eye to 20/30 and to 20/100 in the other eye. Able to comprehend and follow instructions to complete assigned tasks. must possess the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. Must perform within the guidance of both oral and written instructions.
Performs simple and repetitive tasks that vary little each day following a set of written or oral instructions/procedures. Maintains work pace to meet production standards.
Learn more about Grifols at http://www.grifols.com/es/web/international/home