Biomat USA, Inc. Donor Center Specialist in Austin, Texas
Do you want to join an international team working to improve the future of healthcare? Do you want to improve the lives of millions of people? Grifols is a global healthcare company which, since its foundation in Barcelona in 1909, has been working to improve the health and well-being of people all over the world. Our four divisions - Bioscience, Diagnostic, Hospital and Bio Supplies - develop, produce and market innovative medicines, solutions and services in more than 100 countries and regions.
Donor Center Specialist
Primary responsibilities for role (level-specific responsibilities should be included in the chart below):
● Maintains active communication with other service areas to ensure accurate documentation and quality.
● Builds rapport with donors to ensure overall customer satisfaction with the center to support long-term donation.
● Learns and maintains thorough familiarity and compliance with all state and federal regulations, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved Standard Operating Procedure Manual, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA), Current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) and internal company procedures.
● Reports all unsafe situations or conditions to area lead, supervisor or manager.
● May be trained to repair plasma center equipment.
● Assists in determining the suitability of donors to undergo plasmapheresis prior to venipuncture.
● Responds to and assists with handling donor reactions in accordance with guidelines.
● Monitors donor and equipment to ensure health of donors and quality of product.
● Sets up, disconnects and operates the automated plasmapheresis machines including response and evaluation of all autopheresis troubleshooting displays, documentation of exceptions, etc.
● Ensures the proper calibration and maintenance of autopheresis machines and associated equipment.
● Disconnects and disposes of all contaminated disposable equipment.
● Ensures proper cleaning of equipment and work area between donors.
● Maintains accurate and thorough documentation of production records.
● Ensures donor confidentiality.
Plasma Processing Duties:
● Collects and processes donor samples for processing and testing.
● Records weight of product and samples.
● Labels samples and freezes units for final packing within required timeframe. Participates in unit management according to SOP.
● Packs units for final shipment; packs samples and prepares shipping box to send samples to the testing lab.
● Monitors stored product to ensure time requirements are met. Monitors and reports working conditions of equipment.
Donor Processing Duties:
● Conducts pre-donation medical screening in accordance with established guidelines.
● Determines Hematocrit (HCT) and Protein via finger stick and use of the hematastat and refractometer.
● Provides appropriate feedback to ineligible donor candidates.
● Ensures all donor screening information is complete and accurate prior to donation.
● Effectively communicates donor medical information to Medical Staff.
● Ensures donor confidentiality.
● Establishes and maintains donor files in an organized and efficient manner.
● Performs general administrative duties, including greeting donors in a friendly manner, answering phones, and assisting center management as needed.
High school diploma or GED. Certified as a Phlebotomist, Donor Processor, and Plasma Processor.
Typically requires 4 years of related experience with performing phlebotomy, donor processing, and plasma processing duties with demonstrated proficiency to handle difficult situations.
Work is performed in a plasma center. Exposure to biological fluids with potential exposure to infectious organisms. Exposure to electrical office and laboratory equipment. Exposure to extreme cold below 32
- . Personal protective equipment required such as protective eyewear, garments and gloves. Work is performed standing for 6-8 hours per day. Repetitive foot movements, bends and twists neck and waist for 4-6 hours per day. Occasionally walks. Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Ability to make precise coordinated movements, of the fingers to grasp and manipulate objects. Light to moderate lifting of 15-30lbs. Heavy lifting of 30-45lbs. for 2-4 hours per day with a maximum lift of 50lbs. May reach above and below shoulder height. Hearing acuity essential. Color perception/discrimination, near vision and far vision correctable in one eye to 20/30 and to 20/100 in the other eye. Able to communicate complex information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
Learn more about Grifols
Req ID: 435049
Type: Indefinido tiempo completo
Job Category: Plasma - Personal centro de donación