Grifols Shared Services North America, Inc Assistant Manager - Battle Creek, MI in battle creek, Michigan
For more than 75 years, Grifols has worked to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. We are a global healthcare company that produces essential plasma-derived medicines for patients and provides hospitals and healthcare professionals with the tools, information and services they need to deliver expert medical care.
Headquartered in Barcelona, Spain, Grifols has over 20.000 employees in 30 countries. Grifols’ three main divisions - Bioscience, Diagnostic and Hospital - develop, manufacture and market innovative products and services available in more than 100 countries.
A leader in transfusion medicine, the Diagnostic Division is a global business focused on providing innovative solutions to help ensure the safety of the blood and plasma supply, detect human diseases and monitor therapies. The division advances patient care with diagnostic solutions to improve disease detection and management, and simplify laboratory operations.
Primary Responsibilities for role:
● Responsible for all aspects of the donor center when the Center Manager is not present.
● Creates appropriate organizational environment and value systems which stimulate the morale and productivity of the work force and its leadership.
● Collaborates with Training and Quality staff to ensure that training and quality goals are met.
● Coaches and leads through effective feedback to employees through the Operations Supervisor (s).
● Monitors and evaluates operations. Works with the Center manager to develop action plans to maximize center efficiency and supervises the implementation of improvements. Makes critical decisions for the modifications) of action plans.
● Responsible for all personnel functions including hiring, assignment and direction of work, development and training, disciplinary actions and termination and the maintenance of all personnel records.
● Directs the training activities of production employees through the Training Coordinator.
● Review and approve employee schedules to accommodate donor cycles.
Other Responsibilities for role:
● Determine the adequacy and adjust inventory levels of all goods and supplies necessary of the operation of the donor center. Compile and submit orders to vendors to meet determined inventory levels.
● Assure center employees maintain the facility in a neat and clean condition and all equipment is kept in good working order.
● Responsible for freezer management, including overseeing plasma shipments and equipment failures. Required to answer all freezer alarms and deal with them appropriately.
● Construct and submit timely and accurate reports on a daily/weekly/monthly or as required basis.
● Develop and implement active donor recruitment advertising campaigns to improve production levels.
● Maintains thorough familiarity and ensures compliance with state and federal regulations, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved Standard Operating Procedures, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA), and Current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP).
● Direct key personnel in donor selection, plasma collection and all manufacturing records to maintain the highest production standards in accordance with state and federal regulations, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved Standard Operating Procedures, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA), and Current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP).
● Control center donor funds and ensure that all financial records are accurate and in order.
● Keep Center Manager informed of any irregularities within the center and provide action plans to improve and correct center deficiencies.
● Minimize center liability through constant risk management review. Investigates all unsafe situations and Situations/complaints. Develops and implements required corrective actions.
● Directs and monitors the performance of outside vendors.
● Review and monitor special projects for accuracy and timely completion.
● Works with the Center Manager in implementing the donor center's mission into the community.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in Science, Business, Nursing, Finance, or related field.
Learn more about Grifols
Req ID: 138024
Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Operations Management