Grifols Shared Services North America, Inc Assistant / Associate Chemist-QC in Clayton, North Carolina
For more than 75 years, Grifols has worked to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. We are a global healthcare company that produces essential plasma-derived medicines for patients and provides hospitals and healthcare professionals with the tools, information and services they need to deliver expert medical care.
Performs chemical testing of moderate to advanced complexity within a Quality Operations Laboratory in a safe, accurate, and efficient manner following established written procedures while maintaining complete and accurate records of the work and results. This testing is required for the release of raw materials, in-process materials, and final containers.
● Conducts various routine and non-routine chemical testing (assays) according to procedure.
● Follows the requirements of Grifols' Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), and Good Laboratory Practices (GLP).
● Maintains complete and accurate records of work performed and test results.
● Calibrates equipment and performs equipment maintenance
● Performs non-routine duties, housekeeping duties, etc. as assigned
● Learns and follows the methods and the techniques of the chemical tests to be performed. This learning is a continuation of learning that occurred as Assistant Chemist.
● Performs assigned testing in an accurate and efficient manner. Keeps complete and accurate records of the work performed and results.
● Trains Assistant Chemists and other Associate Chemists in areas of this Associate Chemist's knowledge, experience, and expertise.
● May coordinate laboratory activities in the absence of the Laboratory Supervisor.
● Remains compliant with all applicable safety, environmental, regulatory, and training standards, goals, and objectives
● Supports development, validation, and revision of laboratory procedures as assigned
● Conducts all work with a focus on safety, quality, and timely throughput
An Assistant Chemist participates in Quality Control studies (blind testing series, validation protocols, precision and accuracy studies) of the tests for which they are trained.
Remains compliant with all applicable safety, environmental, regulatory, and training standards, goals, and objectives. Conducts all work with a focus on safety, quality, and timely throughput
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
The Assistant Chemist is expected to progress to a performance level requiring less direct supervision (either by the Laboratory Supervisor or the assigned Associate Chemist trainer). The Assistant Chemist position requires basic time/work management skills as the incumbent is expected to complete work assignments accurately and efficiently with only infrequent review by the Lab Supervisor. The Assistant Chemist is expected to have basic verbal and written communication skills. The Assistant Chemist is expected to maintain a professional relationship with peers, to be a effective member of the lab "team" working toward common goals, and to work well in a situation in which most equipment necessary to complete one's daily assignment is also used by others.
Assistant Chemist - An Associates Degree in chemistry or a related curriculum and a minimum of six months of applicable laboratory experience or a BS/BA degree in chemistry or related curriculum is required.
Associate Chemist - The Associate Chemist position is normally a progression from the Assistant Chemist position in the Quality Assurance Chemistry Labs. Therefore, the Associate Chemist position also requires knowledge equivalent to a minimum of (2) two years of college level chemistry courses (one year of general chemistry course(s) with associated laboratory work, one or more courses in analytical quantitative chemistry with associated laboratory work, and some other chemistry course(s) with associated laboratory work). While the content of the course work specified above is generally applicable to the Associate Chemist position, the associated laboratory experience is more specifically applicable to the position's work assignments
Location: [[mfield6]] : [[cust_building]]
Learn more about Grifols at http://www.grifols.com/es/web/international/home
Req ID: 84932
Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Manufacturing