Grifols Shared Services North America, Inc Director, Maintenance in Clayton, North Carolina
Do you want to join an international team working to improve the future of healthcare? Do you want to improve the lives of millions of people? Grifols is a global healthcare company which, since its foundation in Barcelona in 1909, has been working to improve the health and well-being of people all over the world. Our four divisions - Bioscience, Diagnostic, Hospital and Bio Supplies - develop, produce and market innovative medicines, solutions and services in more than 100 countries and regions.
May be eligible for Signing Bonus and/or Relocation Bonus!
Responsible for leadership over Grifols Maintenance and GMP utilities operations, ensuring production goals are achieved and compliance is met.
● Manage maintenance activities - including PMs, calibrations and corrective maintenance efforts required to ensure efficient, reliable, and uninterrupted plant operations in support of production goals.
● Work with manufacturing, quality operations, and engineering on team projects to solve maintenance and equipment related problems and improve processes that will enhance the overall manufacturing process.
● Maintain communication between department management and department personnel. Maintains clear communication with the VP of Manufacturing regarding goals, projects, planning, and overall performance of the Maintenance group.
● Assume the decision-making responsibility for day-to-day maintenance and utilities operations considering staff input and collaborating with other operations functions.
● Responsible for the recruitment, training, evaluation and development of employees.
● Conduct timely/competent root cause analyses and recommend/implement innovative, efficient, and effective corrective actions resulting in stable and capable processes.
● Track and evaluate critical process data to recommend continuous process improvement. Participate in equipment troubleshooting in order to correct/maintain quality production. Recommend and implement measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, facility layout, and quality of product.
● Analyze/trend maintenance costs, prioritize improvement activities.
● Manage and monitor department’s operating budget.
● Support a smooth transition of new equipment projects from engineering to manufacturing.
● Ensures regulatory compliance with operating procedures and documentation in the maintenance department.
Maintain current knowledge of regulatory and industry standards, trends and advancements through independent reading and training. Directly oversee Maintenance & Utilties Managers and Supervisors. Responsible for development of the department, including motivating in a manner that promotes the achievement of Grifols business goals and objectives. Provide hands-on guidance and training when needed. Appraise performance of department personnel, coach and counsel employees. Address complaints and resolve employee related problems with the collaboration of Human Resources. Build organizational competency and succession plans. Involved in interviewing/selection process of hiring or promoting department personnel. Conduct performance reviews of personnel.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Strong knowledge of cGMPs, FDA regulations, and industry guidelines, as well as international regulatory guidelines. Demonstrated strong mechanical skills with sound ability to troubleshoot manufacturing equipment. Demonstrated leadership skills with ability to motivate, guide, train, coach and develop subordinates. Excellent verbal and written communication. Must be able to read, write, and speak English. Must have strong technical writing skills. Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact with all levels of personnel in a professional manner. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and handle an ever changing, fast paced critical work environment. Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to analyze details and perform structured decision-making on a daily basis.
● Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or closely related scientific/technical discipline.
● Minimum 7 years of maintenance experience preferably in an FDA regulated manufacturing facility – pharmaceutical, biologics, biotech, or medical device industry.
● Minimum 3 years of managerial experience – preferably in an FDA regulated environment.
Depending on the area of assignment, directly related experience or a combination of directly related education and experience and/or competencies may be considered in place of the stated requirements. Example: If a job level requires a Bachelor’s degree plus 4 years of experience, an equivalency could include 8 years of experience, an Associate’s degree with 6 years of experience, or a Master’s degree with 2 years of experience.
Req ID: 319047