Grifols Shared Services North America, Inc Fractionation Technician I/II/III- 12-hour rotating 7am-7pm and 7pm-7am in Clayton, North Carolina
For more than 75 years, Grifols has worked to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. We are a global healthcare company that produces essential plasma-derived medicines for patients and provides hospitals and healthcare professionals with the tools, information and services they need to deliver expert medical care.
SHIFT: 12-hour rotating 7am-7pm and 7pm-7am
The Fractionation Technician is responsible for processing plasma to intermediate paste or dry powder stage, while maintaining a high level of housekeeping and conforming to highest standards of GMP and safety.
Primary responsibilities for role:
Performs general housekeeping in compliance with the high standards required of a pharmaceutical operation
Demonstrates sound knowledge and understanding of GMP requirements
Dispenses and prepares necessary cleaning/sanitization reagents
Assembles, disassembles, cleans and sanitizes production equipment and area
Operates production equipment (i.e. scales, conductivity meters, centrifuges, etc.)
Prepares buffer and chemical solutions
Completes record keeping in accordance with CGMP. Demonstrates proper use of log books
Works with and disposes of biohazardous waste
● Work is performed in a laboratory/manufacturing environment.
● Exposure to biological fluids with potential exposure to infectious organisms.
● Exposure to electrical and pneumatic powered equipment.
● Exposure to miscellaneous production chemicals, moving machinery and production equipment.
● Potential exposure to high levels of noise on production floor.
● Personal protective equipment required such as protective eyewear, garments and gloves.
● Requires kneeling, climbing and squatting.
● Frequently sits for 4-6 hours per day.
● Frequent repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists.
● Often performs duties standing.
● Frequently bends and twists neck and waist.
● Light to moderate lifting and carrying objects with a maximum lift of 50 lbs.
● Able to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken and written words and sentences.
● Frequently interacts with others.
● Rotating shifts.
● Works at heights on platforms and/or on ladders.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
● Knowledge of safety guidelines and SOP's established by the company.
● Strong knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), and State and Federal Health, Environment and Safety regulations.
● Excellent oral and written communication skills.
● Ability to work a 24/7 rotating shift schedule.
● Comfortable with using different computer systems to perform data entry.
● Willingness to work with and learn from other members of the manufacturing team.
● Desire to enhance one’s skills and knowledge.
A person being considered for this manufacturing position shall possess the following education and minimum stated work experience:
● High school education and completion of the "Bioworks Certification Program" through a community college or
● High school education and 1 year pharmaceutical, chemical, and/or production manufacturing experience in a regulated industry (FDA, USDA, NRC) obtained within the last 5 years (completion of the "Bioworks Certification Program" through a community college a plus ) or
● Graduation from an accredited college/university with an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in: Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Engineering, Pharmaceutical Technology, Business, Teaching or a related curriculum (completion of the Bioworks Certificate program through a community college a plus).
Additional work experience(s) to be considered to support "Technician" position qualification(s):
● Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot process equipment used in manufacturing environment preferred
● Work experience with distributed control systems and PLC operated equipment preferred
● Experience in protein separation preferred
● Start-up or validation experience preferred
Depending on the area of assignment, directly related experience or a combination of education and directly related experience and/or competencies may be considered in place of the stated requirements.
Employee Referral Bonus Eligible
Location: [[mfield6]] : [[cust_building]]
Learn more about Grifols at http://www.grifols.com/es/web/international/home
Req ID: 75853
Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Manufacturing