Grifols Shared Services North America, Inc Fractionation Technician I/II/III - NFF in Clayton, North Carolina
For more than 75 years, Grifols has worked to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. We are a global healthcare company that produces essential plasma-derived medicines for patients and provides hospitals and healthcare professionals with the tools, information and services they need to deliver expert medical care.
SHIFT: 12-hour rotating / 7:00 am - 7:00 pm - 7:00 pm - 7:00 am
The Fractionation Technician is responsible for performing duties to manufacture products derived from human blood plasma, which require comprehension in the following areas:
● Science (i.e. biology or chemistry)
● Mechanical aptitude
● Various process equipment (i.e. Centrifuge, Automatic Bottle Opener, CIP skids) that interface with process controls automation.
Primary responsibilities for role:
● Follow company safety guidelines and programs
● Demonstrate care of facility, equipment, systems, and product
● Demonstrate appropriate personal hygiene and proper gowning
●Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) and complete Batch Production Records (BPR's)
● Complete record keeping in accordance with current Good Manufacturing Practices
●Operate manufacturing process control system and equipment
● Operate Clean In Place (CIP) equipment
● Perform in process analytical analysis
● Monitor status of manufacturing processes
● Assist in sampling operations
● Assist in the harvest of intermediate products
● Assist in the preparation, set up and transfer of Buffer and Process solutions.
●Transfer intermediate product, raw materials, and waste
● Stage plasma, intermediate paste and raw materials
● Clean and/or Sanitize designated manufacturing areas
● Utilize SAP and / or ACSIS transactions
● Support the supply chain requirements for production
● Assist team members, including supervision, to perform additional tasks
● Work in an ethical and compliant manner to manufacture a drug product that is safe for human use.
This job description is intended to present the general content and requirements for the performance of this job. This description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Managers and supervisors may assign other duties as needed.
● Completes assignments in functional areas supporting departmental objectives.
● Communicates effectively and promptly with other operators, technicians and supervisors.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
● Knowledge of safety guidelines and SOP's established by the company.
● Strong knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), and State and Federal Health, Environment and Safety regulations.
● Excellent oral and written communication skills.
● Ability to work a 24/7 rotating shift schedule.
● Comfortable with using different computer systems to perform data entry.
● Willingness to work with and learn from other members of the manufacturing team.
● Desire to enhance one’s skills and knowledge.
A person being considered for this manufacturing position shall possess the following education and minimum stated work experience:
● High school education and completion of the "Bioworks Certification Program" through a community college or
● High school education and 1 year pharmaceutical, chemical, and/or production manufacturing experience in a regulated industry (FDA, USDA, NRC) obtained within the last 5 years (completion of the "Bioworks Certification Program" through a community college a plus ) or
● Graduation from an accredited college/university with an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in: Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Engineering, Pharmaceutical Technology, Business, Teaching or a related curriculum (completion of the Bioworks Certificate program through a community college a plus).
Additional work experience(s) to be considered to support "Technician" position qualification(s):
● Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot process equipment used in manufacturing environment preferred
● Work experience with distributed control systems and PLC operated equipment preferred
● Experience in protein separation preferred
● Start-up or validation experience preferred
Depending on the area of assignment, directly related experience or a combination of education and directly related experience and/or competencies may be considered in place of the stated requirements.
● Work is performed in a laboratory/manufacturing environment.
● Exposure to biological fluids with potential exposure to infectious organisms.
● Exposure to electrical and pneumatic powered equipment.
● Exposure to miscellaneous production chemicals, moving machinery and production equipment.
● Potential exposure to high levels of noise on production floor.
● Personal protective equipment required such as protective eyewear, garments and gloves.
● Requires kneeling, climbing and squatting.
● Frequently sits for 4-6 hours per day.
● Frequent repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists.
● Often performs duties standing.
● Frequently bends and twists neck and waist.
● Light to moderate lifting and carrying objects with a maximum lift of 50 lbs.
● Able to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken and written words and sentences.
● Frequently interacts with others.
● Rotating shifts.
● Works at heights on platforms and/or on ladders.
Employee Referral Bonus Eligible
Learn more about Grifols
Req ID: 86466
Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Manufacturing