Grifols Shared Services North America, Inc Manager Manufacturing/Sr. Manager Manufacturing(Gamunex) in Clayton, North Carolina
Would you like to join an international team working to improve the future of healthcare? Do you want to enhance the lives of millions of people? Grifols is a global healthcare company that since 1909 has been working to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. We are leaders in plasma-derived medicines and transfusion medicine and develop, produce and market innovative medicines, solutions and services in more than 110 countries and regions.
The Manufacturing Manager is responsible for managing a Manufacturing operation and/or small capital projects/assignments and/or Technical group while ensuring compliance with safety, regulatory and environmental regulations. Analyzes processes and operations to develop and execute plans in order to meet departmental objectives as well as business objectives. Provides input on budgeting process and actively ensuring spending is controlled through budgetary approvals (PO's/Invoices). Promote, champion and lead employees awareness of company/department/site goals, expectations, policies and procedures.
● Manage production plan and area activities to achieve annual goals for area.
● Manages cross functional teams or significant resources to solve ambiguous problems or drive business results in their area consulting other departments and possibly sites.
● Meets customer expectations and continuously improves process technology or capital process through improved productivity and quality, in consultation with internal departments and external resources.
● Manages the necessary resources and suitable technology to manufacture products in accordance with the safety, environmental, regulatory and business goals and standards.
● Manage direct reports at the Sr. Supervisor and/or Tech Support level.
● Monitors yield for significant trends and identifies opportunities for improvement.
● Bring forth ideas for continuous risk reduction and effective corrective actions for quality and safety events.
● Manages projects to bring in on budget, on schedule, and technically correct in accordance with site and regulatory requirements.
● Adapts to and manages changes or improvements implemented across the site.
● Responsible for development of both direct and indirect level employees.
● Assures continuous improvement of processes.
● Focuses on planning, organizing, performance management financial management, compliance; and will suggest annual goals for their area.
Knowledge, skills, & abilities:
Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization. Ability to lead teams and promote a positive and thriving team environment. Ability to troubleshoot and provide sound solutions for moderate process related matters.
BA/BS degree plus 6 years of proven technical/project management and leadership experience in a FDA, USDA environment.
Masters degree plus 4 years of proven technical/project management and leadership experience in a FDA, USDA environment.
BA/BS degree plus 8 years of proven technical/project management and leadership experience in a FDA, USDA environment.
Masters degree plus 6 years of proven technical/project management and leadership experience in a FDA, USDA environment.
Depending on the area of assignment, directly related experience or a combination of directly related education and experience and/or competencies may be considered in place of the stated requirements. Example: If a job level requires a Bachelor’s degree plus 4 years of experience, an equivalency could include 8 years of experience, an Associate’s degree with 6 years of experience, or a Master’s degree with 2 years of experience.
Work is performed in an office and/or a laboratory/manufacturing environment or plasma center. Exposure to biological fluids with potential exposure to infectious organisms. Exposure to electrical office equipment. Exposure to extreme cold below 32*, miscellaneous production chemicals, moving machinery and production equipment. Exposure to high levels of noise on production floor. Personal protective equipment required such as protective eyewear, garments and gloves. Frequently sits for 6-8 hours per day. Frequent hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Occasionally walks. Occasionally bends and twists neck. Light to moderate lifting and carrying objects with a maximum lift of 35lbs. Frequently drives to site locations with occasional travel within the United States. Able to communicate complex information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. Works independently with little guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions and plans work schedules to meet goals. Frequently interacts with others, relates sensitive information to diverse groups. Must work with diverse groups to obtain consensus on issues. Ability to apply abstract principles to solve complex conceptual issues.
Learn more about Grifols (http://www.grifols.com/es/web/international/home)
Req ID: 500900
Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Manufacturing