Grifols Shared Services North America, Inc NFF-Maintenance Planner in Clayton, North Carolina
For more than 75 years, Grifols has worked to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. We are a global healthcare company that produces essential plasma-derived medicines for patients and provides hospitals and healthcare professionals with the tools, information and services they need to deliver expert medical care.
Maximizes the efficiency of maintenance work performed by ensuring that work orders have been thoroughly analyzed to determine the exact scope of the job. Ensures that the necessary resources have been identified and are staged and ready for job execution before scheduling and starting work. Lowers site maintenance costs, improving equipment reliability and uptime.
Primary responsibilities for role:
● Ensures all accepted work orders are reviewed, prioritized, and have a detailed work plan consisting of the required manpower, duration, safety procedures, tools, materials, equipment, and specifications.
● Creates job plans for maintenance work orders that include craft skills, parts, tools, equipment, information, permits, and expertise (internal, external, equipment) required. Develops job standards to ensure work is performed within acceptable and optimal limits and meets all safety and compliance requirements.
● Creates and maintains equipment files with standard job packages, including accurate and complete bills of material and any relevant technical information to ensure continual improvement of planned work execution.
● Facilitates routine cross functional planning meetings with assigned business unit to review Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) backlog and verify work priorities for the upcoming weekly schedule. Coordinates upcoming maintenance work with the production schedule to ensure access to equipment at the agreed upon time.
● Develops, maintains, and reports on metrics relevant to the planning process, such as schedule compliance, planning accuracy, backlog aging, and budgetary compliance.
● Optimizes the plant Preventative Maintenance program by evaluating task lists, part requirements, and frequencies, with input from maintenance technicians, supervisors, and area engineers.
● Coordinates with Storeroom Manager on decisions to send components out for refurbishment, minimum/maximum stock levels, addition and removal of items from stock, creation of job kits, and requests for capital spares.
● Develops daily and weekly detailed schedules for maintenance supervisor. Develops six week forward plan.
● Develops detailed schedules and tracks progress of all maintenance and engineering work to be executed during extended shut-downs in assigned areas using Critical Path Method tools.
● Serves as chairperson for the weekly scheduling meetings.
● Develops site shutdown schedule and detailed cost estimates for shutdown activities. Facilitates shutdown planning meetings and daily meetings during the shutdown period.
● Executes maintenance work flows for new equipment including identification of spare parts, job plans and preventive maintenance tasks.
● Identifies and implements maintenance procedure, process, equipment reliability improvements.
● Makes independent decisions within defined areas of responsibility.
Makes independent decisions within his/her defined areas of responsibility. Provides the means to improve the efficiency of maintenance resources, lower maintenance costs, and improves plant reliability and uptime. Decides which recurring maintenance problems merit a Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FEMA) or other reliability assessment. Brings off-target key performance indicators (KPIs) back into acceptable ranges. Monitors resources needed to manage backlog such as contractors, overtime, etc.
Knowledge of plant safety, environmental, and current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) requirements related to maintenance work. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Excellent computer skills with experience with Microsoft Office software. Strong problem solving skills. Ability to identify errors and plan corrective methods.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Operations or related field. Plus 5 years of related maintenance experience in an FDA regulated manufacturing facility. Depending on the area of assignment, directly related experience or a combination of directly related education and experience and/or competencies may be considered in place of the stated requirements. Example: If a job level requires a Bachelor’s degree plus 4 years of experience, an equivalency could include 8 years of experience, an Associate’s degree with 6 years of experience, or a Master’s degree with 2 years of experience.
Work is performed in an office environment with exposure to electrical office equipment. May occasionally enter Bio Risk Area. Exposure to biological fluids with potential exposure to infectious organisms. Personal protective equipment required such as protective eyewear, garments and gloves. Frequently sits for 6-8 hours per day. Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Occasionally walks and stands. Occasionally bends and twists neck. Light to moderate lifting and carrying objects with a maximum lift of 25lbs. Frequently drives to site locations with occasional travel within the United States. Able to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken and written words and sentences. Interacts with others, relates sensitive information to diverse groups. Must work with diverse groups to obtain consensus on issues.
This position is Employee Referral Bonus Eligible.
Location: [[mfield6]] : [[cust_building]]
Learn more about Grifols at http://www.grifols.com/es/web/international/home
Req ID: 77416
Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Maintenance / General Services / Facilities