Grifols Shared Services North America, Inc Sr Buyer in Clayton, North Carolina
For more than 75 years, Grifols has worked to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. We are a global healthcare company that produces essential plasma-derived medicines for patients and provides hospitals and healthcare professionals with the tools, information and services they need to deliver expert medical care.
The Senior Buyer/Planner is responsible for working within a regulated environment to procure the materials necessary for the manufacture and distribution of healthcare products, fostering mutually beneficial partnerships, negotiating contracts that are in the best interest of the company, participating in evaluating supplier reliability, developing new supply sources and procuring materials to support production.
Primary responsibilities for role:
● Manage component supply and inventory levels utilizing MRP, plan and purchase material requirements, and ensure flow of materials for production and distribution.
● Identify and analyze risk initiatives for production raw materials.
● Collaborate with various departments to ensure sourcing continuity.
● Develop and enhance relationships with strategic suppliers, including selection, supply agreements and issue resolution.
● Conduct business reviews with critical suppliers. Including price negotiations and cost reduction projects.
● Maintain strong relationships and communication links to key internal business partners (Operations, Finance, Quality, etc.)
● Provide procurement support for cross-functional production teams.
● Participate in initial and ongoing audits of potential and current suppliers.
● Understand and communicate component specifications to suppliers, including the ability to read drawings to determine dimensions, tolerances, and documentation requirements.
● Lead and support continuous improvement initiatives in the Supply Chain organization.
Works closely with Accounts Payable to resolve supplier payment issues. Supports Supplier Quality initiatives. Mentors Buyers. Supports laboratory procurement needs. Confers with Legal Dept. as needed regarding supplier initiatives and business contracts.
Experience with SAP. Strong skills in MS Office, especially Excel. Ability to multi-task. Ability to independently prioritize situations. Excellent communication and problem solving skills. Analytical with a sense of urgency.
Bachelors degree. Masters degree desirable.Typically requires a minimum of 5 years purchasing experience with knowledge of sourcing indirect spend categories (i.e. IT/IS, Finance, Commercial Operations) including capital. Experience with SAP and certifications in CPM, CPSM strongly preferred.
Work is performed in an office environment with exposure to electrical office equipment. Frequently sits for 6-8 hours per day. Frequent hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Occasionally walks and stands. Occasionally bends and twists neck. Light to moderate lifting and carrying objects with a maximum lift of 25lbs. Frequently drives to site locations with occasional travel within the United States. Able to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken and written words and sentences. Interacts with others, relates sensitive information to diverse groups. Must work with diverse groups to obtain consensus on issues.
*Empoyee Referral Bonus Program Eligible
Location: [[mfield6]] : [[cust_building]]
Learn more about Grifols at http://www.grifols.com/es/web/international/home
Req ID: 69167
Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Purchasing/Procurement