Grifols Shared Services North America, Inc Associate Director, Global Health Economics & Outcomes Research in Durham, North Carolina
The Associate Director of Health Economics and Outcomes Research shall lead the design and direction of epidemiology and outcomes research studies, focusing on PRO development and analysis, patient preference studies, risk prediction methodology, and prospective real-world study design, including post-approval prospective (and naturalistic) cohort designs. This person will have a solid understanding of how the above support health economics evaluation for the Grifols portfolio.
● Responsible for developing, executing, and publishing outcomes research. Plans and leads thinking on publication planning on the above outcomes research areas and deliverables
● Determines need and value of Phase IV real world usage of data, patient/drug/ disease registries, or other cohorts.
● Fosters the establishment and maintenance of key external thought leader relations.
● Reviews health economics and retrospective real-world data projects. This includes reviews of statements of work, analysis plans, abstracts and any peer-reviewed publications.
● Supports the US payer account field team as appropriate, in training efforts, and in certain instances and on a ‘on request’ basis, interactions and presentations with private and public US payers or other appropriate agencies.
● Develops and/or maintains applicable policies, guidelines, and work practices and revise as needed to be consistent with standard practices; educate and train internal contributors as needed.
● Represent Grifols at medical meetings, conferences, advisory boards, and in interactions with thought leaders.
● Responsible for selecting research partners and contractors as needed, developing RFPs, budget planning, and strict oversight of data collection.
● Works closely with Managed Markets, National and Regional Access Managers, and US Medical Affairs teams to facilitate deep scientific product knowledge, economic value, and strategy development.
● Serves as HEOR product lead for assigned therapeutic area(s) or specific projects
Ability to manage vendors conducting HEOR research and all associated budgets to that research. Must have excellent communications skills and be able to present proposals and data to internal stakeholders, and be able to work with multiple internal groups, as well as develop relationships with external key opinion leaders.
PhD, or PharmD with health economics fellowship and 5 years’ experience or a Master's degree in health economics/outcomes research with 8 years’ experience in health related outcomes research in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology environment
Work is performed in an office environment with exposure to electrical office equipment. Frequently sits for 6-8 hours per day. Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple repeated movements with the fingers, hands, and wrists. Occasionally walks and stands. Occasionally bends and twists neck. Light to moderate lifting and carrying objects with a maximum lift of 25lbs. Occasional travel within the United States.
Req ID: 221327