Grifols Shared Services North America, Inc Benefits Specialist 2 in Durham, North Carolina
Grifols has been a leader in the healthcare industry since 1909 by creating innovative products and services based on the values of ethics, quality and responsibility. Grifols' activities focus on fulfilling the needs of its patients as well as healthcare professionals working in therapeutics, pharmacy, diagnostics and blood banking. For more than 100 years, Grifols has developed, manufactured and marketed product designed to improve human health. Grifols manufactures plasma derived biopharmaceutical products of proven efficacy, quality and safety. For more information, please visit our website: http://www.grifols.com
Manages all benefit invoices, communications, and is lead on all employee related benefit situations. Coordinates and performs activities related to the administration of employee benefits programs, including, but not limited to, health, dental and prescription drug plan coverage, short- and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, Flexible Spending Account programs, COBRA, 401k, supplemental savings plan, and paid time off program.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
● Weekly invoicing for all benefit vendors
● Primary lead for communications related to benefits and open enrollment; Assists in the development and implementation of communication programs to facilitate employee understanding of the benefits
● Partners with Corporate Communications and other external vendor partners in the development and implementation of communications related to the benefits programs
● Coordinates with external benefit vendor partners
● Handles employee and vendor escalated benefit inquiries and follows through with resolution
● Assists with ACA Compliance audits
● Manages and coordinates other benefit programs including, but not limited to, new employee orientation and videos, retro status changes, and discount programs
● Provides data reports on benefit enrollment and costs to HR Controlling
● Processes diverse and confidential information requiring extreme accuracy, independent judgment and discretion
● Assists with special projects as needed
● Performs data gathering and analysis
- This job description is intended to present the general content and requirements for the performance of this job. The description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Managers and supervisors may assign other duties as needed.
Skills/Qualifications/Education Requirements: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, education, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
Associate's degree preferably in HR
Typically requires at least 4 years of HR experience
Excellent knowledge of HR policies, programs, operations and benefits
Excellent skills in Microsoft Office, Excel, and Word. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Ability to communicate clearly and concisely and to deal with difficult situations
Ability to manage multiple projects by prioritizing tasks and escalate issues in need of resolution
Ability to manage multiple projects
Directly related experience or a combination of directly related education and experience and/or competencies may be considered in place of the stated requirements. Example: If a job level requires a Associate’s degree plus 2 years of experience, an equivalency could include 4 years of experience or a Bachelor’s degree.
Work is performed in an office environment with exposure to electrical office equipment. Frequently sits for 6-8 hours per day. Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Frequently walks. Occasionally bends and twists neck. Light to moderate lifting and carrying objects with a maximum lift of 30lbs. Frequently drives to site locations with occasional travel within the United States. Able to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. Interacts with others, relates sensitive information to diverse groups.
Req ID: 233348