Grifols Shared Services North America, Inc Customer Service Supervisor in Durham, North Carolina
Do you want to join an international team working to improve the future of healthcare? Do you want to improve the lives of millions of people? Grifols is a global healthcare company which, since its foundation in Barcelona in 1909, has been working to improve the health and well-being of people all over the world. Our four divisions - Bioscience, Diagnostic, Hospital and Bio Supplies - develop, produce and market innovative medicines, solutions and services in more than 100 countries and regions.
Responsible for the daily operations of the North America Customer Service team. This position oversees the order-to-cash process for Grifols Diagnostic Solutions, working within the company's SAP platform. Specifically, this individual will provide supervision for North America Customer Service Representatives servicing internal and external customers. This individual is responsible for ensuring that the overall business plan is met, team and individual objectives are completed, business and team metrics are tracked, and that the team meets or exceeds customer expectations. This individual is uniquely positioned to constantly seek opportunities to implement process changes, improvements and cost savings initiatives.
1) Oversee the daily operations of the US Customer Service team, to include the order-to-cash business process as executed within the company's SAP platform, schedule shipments, as well as provide leadership and support for team members ( 4-6 direct reports).
2) Provide daily direction and communication to team members so that customer service calls/communications are answered in a timely, efficient and knowledgeable manner. Oversee staffing decisions, scheduling, and all inbound call coverage requirements.
3) Establish work procedures and processes that support company and team standards, procedures, and strategic directives. Provide continual evaluation, suggesting methods to improve area operations, efficiency and service to both internal and external customers.
4) Liaison to facilitate and provide solutions to related functions such as, but not limited to, Sales, Marketing, Credit, A/R, Regulatory, and QA. Heavy involvement with warehouse harmonization through weekly / monthly meetings.
5) Provide reports, as requested, for various functions in support of tracking Customer Service Metrics and other associated sales numbers affecting revenue recognition.
6) Ensure compliance in the Customer Service process through effective and rapid follow-up of customer inquires and order issues. Adhere to and lead all formal responses to internal and external audits - engage team members as necessary in fulfilling these requirements. Ensure compliance with SOX controls.
7) Supervise and participate in new system rollout and upgrades. Identify and implement any associated training for team members to gain greater familiarization and planning of future software and tools.
8) Manage team workload, specific key accounts assignments, and overall staffing schedule. Respond to and resolve employee relations issues expressed by team members; create and maintain high quality work environment so team members are motivated to perform at their highest level.
9) Ensure team members have all necessary training and other resources to perform their jobs. Identify opportunities for greater efficiency and effective as a team and for each direct report.
10) Coordination and closure of Quality System events for the NAT, IH, and Genotyping product families in the Americas.
11) Represent Customer Service Management at customer meetings, sales meetings, trade shows, etc.
12) Serves as backup to Customer Service Manager in their absence or as warranted.
Some travel might be required (approx. 10% of the time).
Core Competencies include:
Excellent customer service skills – always willing to put the customer first
Experience with third-party logistic providers and freight movement
Demonstrated Leadership Qualities
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Demonstrated analytical and reporting skills
Experience with SAP, or equivalent ERP system
Proficient in current version of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Knowledgeable of GMP and ISO is an asset
Education: Bachelor's degree in Business or related field.
Experience: 5 years in Customer Service and/or Supply Chain/Logistics roles. Experience in the Bioscience Industry is a plus.
Work is performed in an office environment with exposure to electrical office equipment. Frequently sits for 6-8 hours per day. Frequent hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Occasionally walks and stands. Occasionally bends and twists neck. Light to moderate lifting and carrying objects with a maximum lift of 25lbs. Frequently drives to site locations with occasional travel within the United States. Able to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken and written words and sentences. Interacts with others, relates sensitive information to diverse groups. Must work with diverse groups to obtain consensus on issues.
Req ID: 299807