Grifols Shared Services North America, Inc Senior Retirement & Benefits Specialist in Durham, North Carolina
Do you want to join an international team working to improve the future of healthcare? Do you want to improve the lives of millions of people? Grifols is a global healthcare company which, since its foundation in Barcelona in 1909, has been working to improve the health and well-being of people all over the world. Our four divisions - Bioscience, Diagnostic, Hospital and Bio Supplies - develop, produce and market innovative medicines, solutions and services in more than 100 countries and regions.
Grifols has been a leader in the healthcare industry since 1909 by creating innovative products and services based on the values of ethics, quality and responsibility. Grifols' activities focus on fulfilling the needs of its patients as well as healthcare professionals working in therapeutics, pharmacy, diagnostics and blood banking. For more than 100 years, Grifols has developed, manufactured and marketed product designed to improve human health. Grifols manufactures plasma derived biopharmaceutical products of proven efficacy, quality and safety. For more information, please visit our website: http://www.grifols.com
Responsible for overseeing the administration of the retirement programs at Grifols, including the Grifols Employee Retirement Savings Plan and the Supplemental Savings Plan (SSP). Serves as subject matter expert on the retirement programs and provides consulting/guidance regarding the same. Ensures all programs are in compliance with applicable state and federal regulations related to benefits programs, including ERISA, IRC, SOX, and other laws/regulations related to employee benefits.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
● Oversees and processes bi-weekly funding for the 401k plan; prepares bi-weekly payment for timely remittance to 401k Plan Provider and ensures accuracy of posting to employee accounts; obtains proper review and approval before processing
● Audits all 401k and SSP files for accurate deductions, taxation, and SOX compliance. Conducts and documents audits on recordkeeper and trustee files and reports to Finance on a bi-weekly, monthly, and/or quarterly basis as needed for compliance and accrual purposes. Prepares financial analysis of all benefit programs and costs analysis as needed and for division financial personnel
● Maintains SSP compliance, reporting and distributions
● Manages vendor relationships related to the administration of the retirement programs, including trustee, recordkeeper, auditor, external counsel, etc.
● Supports the design, implementation, communication and administration of the retirement programs
● Coordinates Investment Committee meetings quarterly; prepares agendas and other reporting as requested. Serves as Grifols note taker during committee meetings
● Administers all 401k testing for year-end compliance; administers all annual audits with external auditors
● Performs various compliance activities including preparation and filing of 5500 and other required reporting for the retirement plans
● Conducts benchmarking and analyses related to the retirement programs as needed
● Oversees internal controls and SOX compliance for the retirement programs
● Ensures proper plan documentation is maintained and distributed to employees in accordance with applicable laws, including plan documents, SPDs, annual notice requirements, etc.
● Develops and implements comprehensive scorecards/dashboards for retirement programs
● Manages benefits projects as required
This job description is intended to present the general content and requirements for the performance of this job. The description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Managers and supervisors may assign other duties as needed.
Skills/Qualifications/Education Requirements: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, education, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources or related area. Benefits Certification preferred
Typically requires 8 years of relevant retirement benefits experience or analytical experience for the Analyst position, including technical support for management
Advanced understanding of ERISA, IRC, HIPAA, and other benefit related federal, state, and local laws
Knowledge of ADP and other computer programs such as Office, Excel, and Word
Advanced oral and written communication skills
Advanced organization, analytical and interpersonal skills
Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills, including the ability to perform root cause analysis
Ability to lead others in benefits administration
Ability to analyze and interpret data, identify errors and prepare reports
Depending on the area of assignment, directly related experience or a combination of directly related education and experience and/or competencies may be considered in place of the stated requirements. Example: If a job level requires a Bachelor’s degree plus 4 years of experience, an equivalency could include 8 years of experience, an Associate’s degree with 6 years of experience, or a Master’s degree with 2 years of experience.
Work is performed in an office environment with exposure to electrical office equipment. Frequently sits for 4-6 hours per day. Frequent repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Occasionally walks. Occasionally bends and twists neck. Light to moderate lifting and carrying objects with a maximum lift of 35lbs. Frequently drives to other facilities. Able to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken and written words and sentences. Frequently interacts with others, relates sensitive information to diverse groups.
Req ID: 450047