Grifols Shared Services North America, Inc Sr. Analyst, HR Controlling in Durham, North Carolina
Do you want to join an international team working to improve the future of healthcare? Do you want to improve the lives of millions of people? Grifols is a global healthcare company which, since its foundation in Barcelona in 1909, has been working to improve the health and well-being of people all over the world. Our four divisions - Bioscience, Diagnostic, Hospital and Bio Supplies - develop, produce and market innovative medicines, solutions and services in more than 100 countries and regions.
Grifols has been a leader in the healthcare industry since 1909 by creating innovative products and services based on the values of ethics, quality and responsibility. Grifols' activities focus on fulfilling the needs of its patients as well as healthcare professionals working in therapeutics, pharmacy, diagnostics and blood banking. For more than 100 years, Grifols has developed, manufactured and marketed product designed to improve human health. Grifols manufactures plasma derived biopharmaceutical products of proven efficacy, quality and safety. For more information, please visit our website: http://www.grifols.com
Serves as the financial liaison between the Human Resources and Finance teams. Plans, makes and manages all accounting and financial functions in support of the Human Resources team. Responsible for the reliability of financial and headcount reporting accuracy coming out of the Human Resources Department.
Primary responsibilities for role include but are not limited to the following:
● Responsible for the publication of all labor cost entries for all the North America legal entities.
● Ensure entries are accurate and fully supported to meet audit requirements.
● Responsible for payroll reconciliation for all North America legal entities.
● Serve as the liaison between Human Resources and the Finance teams to ensure proper accruals and proper expenses for HR and for cross-functional employee expenses (fixed and variable remuneration, other remunerations and benefits costs, HR business decisions, policy changes, etc.).
● Responsible for developing and proposing all HR Department/Payroll related accruals in support of month end closing including bonus, salary, benefit costs, severance, 401(k), HR professional fees, etc for all North American legal entities.
● Responsible for HR expenses reporting for Human Resources in North America with the corresponding analysis of main variances versus prior periods and/or budget.
● Responsible for Labor Cost reporting in North America with the corresponding analysis of main variances versus prior periods and/or budget.
● Calculate the labor cost assumptions and provide support for the labor cost and headcount budgeting process and budget variance reporting within HR.
● Address all requests made by both, external and internal auditors.
● Serves as an advisor to HR team related to accounting and financial planning questions.
● Prepare and analyze some other specific data related to labor cost or human resources expenses required by the management.
● Participate on ensuring that processes affecting controlling area are ready for new acquisitions when integrated.
● Participate on HR projects in progress.
- This job description is intended to present the general content and requirements for the performance of this job. The description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Managers and/or supervisors may assign other duties as needed.
Skills/Qualifications/Education Requirements: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, education, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field.
5 - 7 years of related experience in Accounting and Controlling
Budgeting and forecasting experience required
Experience working with SAP and Business Intelligence (BI) or Analysis for Office (AFO) preferred.
Ability to make analytical reviews with the corresponding rational and supported explanations
In depth knowledge of general accounting principals
Partner with all HR departments' teams as well as the Financial Planning and Accounting teams
Innovation and proactive contribution
Ability to communicate efficiently
Responsibility and teamwork promoter
Ability to plan and organize all duties to meet deadlines
Ability to influence others and demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint is required
Discretion with sensitive and confidential information.
Depending on the area of assignment, directly related experience or a combination of directly related education and experience and/or competencies may be considered in place of the stated requirements. Example: If a job level requires a Bachelor’s degree plus 4 years of experience, an equivalency could include 8 years of experience, an Associate’s degree with 6 years of experience, or a Master’s degree with 2 years of experience.
Work is performed in an office environment with exposure to electrical office equipment. Frequently sits for 6-8 hours per day. Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Occasionally walks. Occasionally bends and twists neck. Light to moderate lifting and carrying objects with a maximum lift of 25lbs. Frequently drives to site locations with rarely occasional travel within the United States or Spain. Able to communicate complex information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. Works independently with little guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions and plans work schedules to meet goals. Frequently interacts with others, relates sensitive information to diverse groups. Must work with diverse groups to obtain consensus on issues. Ability to apply abstract principles to solve complex conceptual issues.
Req ID: 331139