Grifols Shared Services North America, Inc Technical Support Specialist I - Medical Devices in Durham, North Carolina
Do you want to join an international team working to improve the future of healthcare? Do you want to improve the lives of millions of people? Grifols is a global healthcare company which, since its foundation in Barcelona in 1909, has been working to improve the health and well-being of people all over the world. Our four divisions - Bioscience, Diagnostic, Hospital and Bio Supplies - develop, produce and market innovative medicines, solutions and services in more than 100 countries and regions.
The Technical Support Specialist (TSS) for Grifols DxCTS (Diagnostic Customer Technical Support) organization has the primary responsibility of providing the highest quality service and support to Grifols customers via phone. TSS will provide direction to customer base using analytical troubleshooting skills while documenting product inquiries or complaints in the Customer Relationship Management System (CRM). The TSS is responsible for responding to clients within a designated timeframe regarding inquiries and complaints. The position will collaborate with interdepartmental teams to ensure proper resolution and closure of regulated documentation in the CRM system.
Primary responsibilities for role:
● Work directly with external and internal customers either by telephone, electronically, or face-to-face in a professional manner to handle and resolve customer inquiries and complaints using analytical, problem-solving skills.
● Research customer issues using available and approved resources to provide customers with correct product and service information. Supply timely verbal solutions to customers as needed with customer inquiries and complaints.
● Identify and escalate customer priority issues as needed. Route calls, investigations or written response to appropriate resources including Field Service, Escalation Support Teams and/ or Quality Assurance.
● Effectively communicate root cause for technical issues to customer and interdepartmental teams.
● Responsible for accurate and timely documentation of all customer communication in the CRM system. Summarize and record details of inquiries and any actions taken to resolve the customer issue. Adhere to technical writing objectives to ensure compliance and maintain regulatory needs of content. Attach all data to support the investigation in the CRM.
● Manges multiple client calls and multitask to meet competing deadlines,
● Maintain proficiency on current assays and instrumentation. Stay current on instrumentation, software and assay standards, upgrades, and technical documentation associated. Support multiple platforms progressively.
● Provide technical support during designated shifts to support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year availability to internal and external customers.
● Responsible for execution of routine instrument maintenance and basic troubleshooting of triage lab equipment.
● Interprets KPI metrics and applies to current role to drive performance efficiencies.
● Up to 20% travel required for training, group meetings and general customer support.
Constantly improves and seeks excellence in his/her role and area of expertise. Works in collaborative and inclusive ways with others, listens actively and communicates in a positive way. Reacts positively to difficult challenges or adversity, is a role model for other TSS team members and shares innovative ideas.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Basic understanding of laboratory protocols and/or SOPs. Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills. Strong communication skills including a combination of interpersonal, verbal and listening with stakeholders at all levels. Demonstrated ability to work in team environment to meet goals and multiple competing timelines. Effective organizational and record keeping skills. Experience with using cloud-based software applications. Proficient with Microsoft Office suites. Must be flexible to work a non-traditional 40-hour work week. Must be accessible for contact by phone and coverage for evening and weekend on-call assignments.
Bachelor’s degree in health science or related field. Medical technologist certificate preferred.
Preferred 1 year of experience in laboratory environment and/or executing protocols on medical research projects. Experience in customer service facing role.
Depending on the area of assignment, directly related experience or a combination of directly related education and experience and/or competencies may be considered in place of the stated requirements. Example: If a job level typically requires an Associate’s degree, plus 2 years of experience, an equivalent could include 4 years of experience or Bachelor’s degree.
Work hours change based on the needs of the customer and business, not conforming to a standard 40-hour work week. Work environment is office based and includes long periods of time sitting and typing at a computer workstation. Will spend a significant amount of time listening in and taking customer calls. Out of state travel may be required. Travel demands need to be met to facilitate this need. When at customer locations or in triage lab while observing/ assisting with instrument installation and/or preventative maintenance the ability to lift up to 50 lbs as needed.
EEO Minorities/ Disability/Veterans/Females
Req ID: 455609