Grifols Shared Services North America, Inc IT Systems Engineer (Egypt) in Egypt, Egypt
Would you like to join an international team working to improve the future of healthcare? Do you want to enhance the lives of millions of people? Grifols is a global healthcare company that since 1909 has been working to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. We are leaders in plasma-derived medicines and transfusion medicine and develop, produce and market innovative medicines, solutions and services in more than 110 countries and regions.
The IT Systems Engineer supports the design, installation, administration, and ongoing maintenance of the Grifols Egypt IT infrastructure platforms. Provides technical guidance and leadership to project teams and staff in evaluating infrastructure suitability, capabilities, and options. Participates in the design, installation, administration, monitoring, and maintenance of software and/or hardware platforms to ensure infrastructure performance and availability. Investigates emerging methods and technologies as input to IT infrastructure development planning and strategies
The team's work is carried out in direct contact with either all GEPD IT units and as well as Grifols IT units, external IT providers and users of Grifols Egypt.
• Ensures IT quality, legal, and regulatory compliance through adherence to quality control standards in all activities.
• Contributes to the development, documentation, and evolution of IT policies, procedures, and tools to align with business and IT strategies and ensure sustainability of services.
• Continuously improves level of expertise in technical and professional skills required to perform assigned job duties.
• Regularly communicates individual task status, open issues, and challenges to impacted stakeholders and/or direct manager.
• Monitors and addresses assigned issues and changes to ensure timely resolution; updates stakeholders regularly on progress.
• Performs administration of technology platforms as needed to maintain effective operation and consistent availability.
• Participates and advises in the continuous enhancement of systems and services to improve IT effectiveness and system performance.
• Works directly with users and owners of assigned systems as a primary technical resource for planning operational changes and addressing issues.
• Engages with IT staff to gather feedback on systems performance and expectations as input to IT service improvement efforts.
• Participates in the education of partners in industry and IT best practices in areas of responsibility and expertise.
• Monitors peers and junior level staff with both challenging and routine assignments by sharing knowledge and experience.
• Participates in the assessment of emerging technologies for the company; contributes to planning technology adoption and integration with existing systems.
• Participates in and may lead the development of ongoing user education programs and technical/professional training of IT staff.
• Advises IT teams by providing expertise to ensure the effective design and implementation of information technology solutions.
• Participates in professional organizations in area of focus both to learn new skills and to share expertise.
• Advises IT peers in building business cases for IT projects and changes.
• Collaborates with cross-functional teams, IT management, and other technical staff to effectively implement and integrate new technologies and applications.
Academic experience required
• Associate/Bachelor’s Degree
• One of the following certification or comparable valid ones: MCSA, MCSE, CCNA or CCNP
Professional experience required
• Minimum 5 year of experience providing infrastructure support and/or implementation.
• Good level of skill and experience in: Server operating systems, TCP\IP and network protocols, and Database systems
• Excellent level of skill and experience in: Knowledge of IT services, processes and operating models, Systems architecture, and Project management methodologies and practices
• Expert level of skill and experience in: At least one specific area of IT technology, and Root cause analysis and troubleshooting
• Analyzing and solving problems independently
• MS Office: word, excel, project, visio, powerpoint •
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent level working independently as well as within a team environment
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced, high-pressure environment.
• Ability to quickly learn new technologies as they are introduced.
• Ability to interact effectively with employees at all levels.
• Ability to respond in a well manner to stressful, hurried situations
• Willing to learn new skills very quick.
Fluent Arabic and English.
Learn more about Grifols (http://www.grifols.com/es/web/international/home)
Req ID: 506713
Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Information Technology