Biomat USA, Inc. EMT / Paramedic / LVN in El Paso, Texas
Do you want to join an international team working to improve the future of healthcare? Do you want to improve the lives of millions of people? Grifols is a global healthcare company which, since its foundation in Barcelona in 1909, has been working to improve the health and well-being of people all over the world. Our four divisions - Bioscience, Diagnostic, Hospital and Bio Supplies - develop, produce and market innovative medicines, solutions and services in more than 100 countries and regions.
Center Medical Specialist
Primary responsibilities for role:
· Promote customer satisfaction through appropriate interaction and responsiveness to customer needs.
· Builds rapport with donors to ensure overall customer satisfaction with the center to support long term donation.
· Selection of suitable plasmapheresis donors by performing physical examinations and taking medical histories on all donors through the use of FDA approved Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) Manual, current State and Federal guidelines, OSHA, CLIA, CGMP, all internal company procedures and personal education and experience.
· Responsible for donor awareness to potential hazards .
· Administration of donor consent form.
· Provides Donor education on trends identified regarding general health assessment completed at the Center.
· Provides counseling to Donors regarding unacceptable test results.
· Evaluates and manages donor injuries and adverse events.
· Performs evaluations of any history of illness or medications to ensure continued donor suitability.
· Ensures Donor medical information is complete and accurate prior to donation.
· Review of donor screening test to ensure eligibility of continued donation.
· Assists in employee training and coaching regarding medical SOPs as necessary.
· Assists with the administration of employee Hepatitis Vaccine program.
· Maintain supplies necessary to perform job duties.
· Maintains and ensures proper sanitation and cleaning of equipment and work areas between donors.
· Ensures Donor and Staff confidentiality.
· Reports all unsafe situations or conditions to Center Management.
· Perform other duties as required.
· Educated and currently certified/licensed in the state of employment and according to state requirements as a Basic or Advanced Emergency Medical Technician (or equivalent) , Licensed Practical Nurse, Licensed Vocation Nurse or Paramedic.
· Current CPR certification required.
· Requires 6 months of related experience providing medical care and assessing patients. Plasma or whole blood experience preferred.
Work is performed in a plasma center. Exposure to biological fluids with potential exposure to infectious organisms. Exposure to electrical office and laboratory equipment. Exposure to extreme cold below 32 degrees F while performing functions in plasma freezers. Personal protective equipment required such as protective eyewear, garments, gloves and cold-gear. Work is performed both standing and sitting for up to 2 to 4 hours per day each. The position does require bending and twisting of neck up from 1 to 2 hours per day. Frequent hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Ability to make precise coordinated movements, of the fingers to grasp and manipulate objects. Frequent foot movement; may squat, crouch or sit on one's heels on rare occasion. Occasionally walks, bends and twists at waist. Light lifting of 15lbs. with a maximum lift of 50lbs. May reach below shoulder height. Hearing acuity essential. Color perception/discrimination, near vision and far vision correctable in one eye to 20/30 and to 20/100 in the other eye. Able to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. Works independently and within guidance of oral or written instructions. Performs a wide range of tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions. Relates sensitive information to diverse groups.
Learn more about Grifols (http://www.grifols.com/es/web/international/home)
Req ID: 507165
Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Nursing/Healthcare