Biomat USA, Inc. Plasma Center Leadership Trainee (Operations) R-6.2 in Indianapolis, Indiana
Do you want to join an international team working to improve the future of healthcare? Do you want to improve the lives of millions of people? Grifols is a global healthcare company which, since its foundation in Barcelona in 1909, has been working to improve the health and well-being of people all over the world. Our four divisions - Bioscience, Diagnostic, Hospital and Bio Supplies - develop, produce and market innovative medicines, solutions and services in more than 100 countries and regions.
Plasma Center Leadership Trainee (Operations)
* Must be willing to relocate after completion of training *
While in the Center Leadership Development Program (CLDP) the trainee will report to the Leadership Training Manager. Technical training will be planned and directed by a CLDP Designated Trainer at the training center. During the program you will be responsible for learning about and experiencing the daily management of Donor Center Operations and Quality functions; learning to comply with all applicable policies and regulations, as well as comply with Grifols leadership expectations.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferably in Management, Business, Nursing, Finance, or science related field (unless waived by Senior Leadership).
Experience: Typically requires a minimum of 2-5 years of hands-on management experience within medical, fast food, retail, or service related industries. Prior management experience, preferably supervising groups or multiple employees within a fast paced environment. Experience in a medical and/or cGMP regulated environment preferred. Experience with plasma or whole blood preferred.
Must be willing to undergo a 5-month leadership course at the Grifols Plasmapheresis Academy.
Must be open to travel out-of-state for training and possible relocation after completion of training.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills including public speaking. Strong time management skills with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities. Must be able to read, write, and speak English. Computer literacy: Work Processing , database software and spreadsheet programs, proficiency with email and Internet applications.
Primary responsibilities for role:
● Have knowledge of and manage all tasks within the donor center; ensure production employees are properly trained to interpret, implement, and perform their duties according to all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
● Learn and understand how to create a professional work environment and value system that stimulates the morale and productivity of the workplace and its leadership.
● Learn how to provide strategic direction, planning, and customer focus.
● Learn to monitor and evaluate operations and quality systems, and how to develop and implement action plans to improve operations/quality issues. Manage the implementation of improvements and measure the effectiveness of corrective actions.
● Maintain thorough familiarity with State and Federal regulations, FDA approved Standard Operating Procedures, OSHA, CLIA, and cGMP.
● Learn to manage donor selection, plasma collection, and all manufacturing records to maintain the highest production standards in accordance with Federal and State regulations, FDA approved Standard Operating Procedures, OSHA, CLIA, and cGMP via Center Quality Manager.
● Become trained in, and responsible for, all Human Resource functions including hiring, development and training, disciplinary actions and termination, and maintenance of all personnel records.
● Learn to manage inventory control of all goods necessary for center operation, including ordering goods as needed.
● Become responsible for freezer management, including overseeing plasma shipments and equipment failures. Due to the amounts of inventory we carry, in the event of an emergency, you will be required to answer all freezer alarms and handle them appropriately.
● Submit timely and accurate reports as required.
● Learn marketing skills for active donor recruitment and advertising campaigns to improve production levels.
● Become familiar with, and responsible for, community outreach programs to enhance public opinion, donor and employee recruitment, and education of plasma.
● Learn to manage and track donor funds to ensure that financial records are accurate and in order.
● Keep immediate manager informed of any irregularities within the center and provide constructive information about process improvement.
● Learn the efficient use of labor models to manage production growth through effective use of staff scheduling tools.
● Minimize center liability through constant risk management review.
● Maintain a resume on file at the center.
● Attend and complete the required four weeks of classroom instruction through the Grifols Academy of Plasmapheresis.
● Complete sixteen weeks of hands-on training at the designated training center and complete the manager training modules in the Learning Management System.
Work is performed in an office and/or a laboratory/manufacturing environment. Exposure to biological fluids with potential exposure to infectious organisms. Exposure to electrical office equipment. Exposure to extreme cold below -32 degrees, miscellaneous production chemicals, moving machinery and production equipment. Exposure to high levels of noise on production floor. Personal protective equipment required such as protective eye wear, garments, and gloves. Frequently sits for 6-8 hours per day. Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Occasionally walks. Occasionally bends and twists neck. Light to moderate lifting and carrying objects with a maximum of 35 lbs. Frequently drives to site locations with occasional travel within the United States. Able to communicate complex information and ideas so others will understand it; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. Works independently with little guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions and plans work schedules to meet goals. Frequently interacts with others, relates sensitive information to diverse groups. Must work with diverse groups to obtain consensus on issues.
Location: [[mfield6]] : [[cust_building]]
Learn more about Grifols
Req ID: 350807
Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Operations Management