Biomat USA, Inc. Donor Center Specialist in Kenosha, Wisconsin
For more than 75 years, Grifols has worked to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. We are a global healthcare company that produces essential plasma-derived medicines for patients and provides hospitals and healthcare professionals with the tools, information and services they need to deliver expert medical care.
Headquartered in Barcelona, Spain, Grifols has over 20.000 employees in 30 countries. Grifols’ three main divisions - Bioscience, Diagnostic and Hospital - develop, manufacture and market innovative products and services available in more than 100 countries.
A leader in transfusion medicine, the Diagnostic Division is a global business focused on providing innovative solutions to help ensure the safety of the blood and plasma supply, detect human diseases and monitor therapies. The division advances patient care with diagnostic solutions to improve disease detection and management, and simplify laboratory operations.
Donor Center Specialist
Primary responsibilities for role (level-specific responsibilities should be included in the chart below):
● Maintains active communication with other service areas to ensure accurate documentation and quality.
● Builds rapport with donors to ensure overall customer satisfaction with the center to support long-term donation.
● Learns and maintains thorough familiarity and compliance with all state and federal regulations, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved Standard Operating Procedure Manual, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA), Current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) and internal company procedures.
● Reports all unsafe situations or conditions to area lead, supervisor or manager.
● May be trained to repair plasma center equipment.
● Assists in determining the suitability of donors to undergo plasmapheresis prior to venipuncture.
● Responds to and assists with handling donor reactions in accordance with guidelines.
● Monitors donor and equipment to ensure health of donors and quality of product.
● Sets up, disconnects and operates the automated plasmapheresis machines including response and evaluation of all autopheresis troubleshooting displays, documentation of exceptions, etc.
● Ensures the proper calibration and maintenance of autopheresis machines and associated equipment.
● Disconnects and disposes of all contaminated disposable equipment.
● Ensures proper cleaning of equipment and work area between donors.
● Maintains accurate and thorough documentation of production records.
● Ensures donor confidentiality.
Plasma Processing Duties:
● Collects and processes donor samples for processing and testing.
● Records weight of product and samples.
● Labels samples and freezes units for final packing within required timeframe. Participates in unit management according to SOP.
● Packs units for final shipment; packs samples and prepares shipping box to send samples to the testing lab.
● Monitors stored product to ensure time requirements are met. Monitors and reports working conditions of equipment.
Donor Processing Duties:
● Conducts pre-donation medical screening in accordance with established guidelines.
● Determines Hematocrit (HCT) and Protein via finger stick and use of the hematastat and refractometer.
● Provides appropriate feedback to ineligible donor candidates.
● Ensures all donor screening information is complete and accurate prior to donation.
● Effectively communicates donor medical information to Medical Staff.
● Ensures donor confidentiality.
● Establishes and maintains donor files in an organized and efficient manner.
● Performs general administrative duties, including greeting donors in a friendly manner, answering phones, and assisting center management as needed.
High school diploma or GED. Certified as a Phlebotomist, Donor Processor, and Plasma Processor.
Typically requires 4 years of related experience with performing phlebotomy, donor processing, and plasma processing duties with demonstrated proficiency to handle difficult situations.
Work is performed in a plasma center. Exposure to biological fluids with potential exposure to infectious organisms. Exposure to electrical office and laboratory equipment. Exposure to extreme cold below 32
- . Personal protective equipment required such as protective eyewear, garments and gloves. Work is performed standing for 6-8 hours per day. Repetitive foot movements, bends and twists neck and waist for 4-6 hours per day. Occasionally walks. Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Ability to make precise coordinated movements, of the fingers to grasp and manipulate objects. Light to moderate lifting of 15-30lbs. Heavy lifting of 30-45lbs. for 2-4 hours per day with a maximum lift of 50lbs. May reach above and below shoulder height. Hearing acuity essential. Color perception/discrimination, near vision and far vision correctable in one eye to 20/30 and to 20/100 in the other eye. Able to communicate complex information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
Business Development Specialist
The purpose of this role is to partner with Center Management to develop strategic community outreach programs, marketing and promotional plans to drive production growth.
Primary responsibilities for role:
In conjunction with regional and center leadership, develop monthly plans to increase education within the community to increase prospects and production through donor outreach events, social media campaign calendar, geofencing strategy, and advertising (TV, radio, print, billboard, bus, carpus, etc.).
Monitor daily and monthly donor model metrics and key performance indicators to adapt quickly to internal and external environment changes.
Track and trend program initiatives by analyzing return on investment and best demonstrative practices to share with Regional and Center management and Marketing department.
Execute corporate marketing and internal promotions within the centers by educating staff and donors.
Analyze and report monthly competitor’s hours of operation, fee structure,
promotion bonuses, advertising initiatives, and service levels.
Develop strong vendor working relations to effectively negotiate newspaper, television, radio, and digital media pricing.
Support the Marketing department in the generation of advertising (posters, flyers, banners, etc.), geofencing strategy, and social media.
Conduct monthly inventory of all internal promotional materials and work with center management to order replacement supplies.
Provide guidance on the delivery of customer service to ensure a positive donor experience; helps develop center staff and programs to improve customer service.
Communicate with center staff regarding observations and donor feedback to maintain high levels of customer satisfaction and facilitate the development of initiatives to improve donor satisfaction levels.
Generate daily call lists to support center and other business development responsibilities to track and analyze opportunities for improvement.
Responsible for growing prospective donor volume (prospects).
Partner with local community organizations and nearby businesses by coordinating efforts to distribute and hang flyers.
Initiate local outreach to apartment complexes and housing in the surrounding area; distribute and hang flyers in local communities and businesses.
Implement corporate marketing and internal promotions within the center by educating staff and donors.
Ensure daily “Thank You” letters or postcards are sent to new donors.
Actively prepare and participate in Marketing teleconferences to bring forth new recruitment ideas and best-demonstrated practices based on data-driven results.
May be required to support center area operations in a functional capacity.
Always maintains a professional appearance.
Other job-related duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Minimum 2 years of experience in customer service, patient representative, or retail sales experience, plasma center experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Excellent Customer Service Skills.
Must have the ability to be onsite at local community and business locations.
Functional area certification at Center Management discretion.
Moderate experience in Word, Power Point and Excel.
Strong oral, written, listening and presentation skills.
Self-Starter that can work with minimal direction.
Strong ability to de-escalate and defuse a conflict situation.
Reliable transportation, valid driver's license and insurance.
Physical and Mental Working Conditions
Required to interact and communicate with employees, donors and vendors.
Frequently exposed to bloodborne pathogens and may be required to wear personal protective equipment.
Req ID: 394687
Type: Indefinido tiempo completo
Job Category: Plasma - Personal centro de donación