Grifols Shared Services North America, Inc Hospital Sales Representative - Los Angeles in Los Angeles, California
Would you like to join an international team working to improve the future of healthcare? Do you want to enhance the lives of millions of people? Grifols is a global healthcare company that since 1909 has been working to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. We are leaders in plasma-derived medicines and transfusion medicine and develop, produce and market innovative medicines, solutions and services in more than 110 countries and regions.
Grifols has been a leader in the healthcare industry since 1909 by creating innovative products and services based on the values of ethics, quality and responsibility. Grifols' activities focus on fulfilling the needs of its patients as well as healthcare professionals working in therapeutics, pharmacy, diagnostics and blood banking. For more than 100 years, Grifols has developed, manufactured and marketed product designed to improve human health. Grifols manufactures plasma derived biopharmaceutical products of proven efficacy, quality and safety. For more information, please visit our website: http://www.grifols.com
Primary responsibility of the hospital sales representative is to represent the entire Grifols plasma portfolio with identified regional/local systems, accounts and customers related to disease awareness, product discussions and contract management. Position requires strong sales and clinical expertise, business acumen and stakeholder relationships.
Sales Excellence/Clinical Expertise
• Consistently demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of and represent the entire Grifols plasma product portfolio with an advanced comprehension of disease state knowledge as well as treatment approaches. Provide branded product and clinical insights aligned with the product’s label to relevant customers.
• Understand the responsibilities of key territory members and how to work regional/local systems, hospital/academic institutions (e.g. Pharmacy, infusion, medical offices, Attendees, Fellows, Residents, Grand Rounds)
• Submit P&T requests to appropriate National Account Manager (NAM)
• Understand the major fluctuations a market can have and overall plasma economics of the system/institution, e.g. GPO, ADR, membership, specific account trends.
• Knowledge of the distribution of biologics, key local customers (i.e., specialty pharmacies, hospitals, accounts)
• Ability to build strong working relationships with the distributors aligned with MM.
• Understanding of Physician Management companies, e.g. Intrafusion, Corinthian, Healix, etc.
• Leverage a deep knowledge of customer needs, targeting segmentation and behaviors to apply to territory planning.
• Represent customers in the customer forecast process – understand national strategy, align with contract strategy and represent needs of the customer.
• Present contracts in line with the national strategy, and review the contract performance expectations quarterly/annually.
• Understand managed care, including Medicare and Medicaid.
• Ability to understand and navigate account contract information within the Salesforce system/account information.
• Establish credibility with key accounts, targeted customers to become regarded as a valued strategic partner.
• Manage resources to fulfill customer needs and impact pull through, e.g. MSL, Nurse educator, reimbursement specialist.
• Provide customer insights to Marketing teams for development of integrated solutions. Share any customer revisions or contract change requests.
• Communicate/understand SOC impact to regional or local system/institution/account (financial vs clinical).
• Communicate/educate Legislative impacts to regional or local system/institution/account- leverage Corporate Affairs
This job description is intended to present the general content and requirements for the performance of this job. The description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Managers and supervisors may assign other duties as needed.
Skills/Qualifications/Education Requirements: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, education, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
BS/BA – Business/Healthcare/Life Sciences degree is preferred**
4 years of pharmaceutical or biological sales experience is required
Overnight travel required
Proficiency in the Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal
Must be a self-starter, capable of organizing time, and being strategic with unexpected circumstances
Must be able to effectively utilize a laptop computer on a daily basis.
Work is performed in an office environment with exposure to electrical office equipment. Frequently sits for 4-6 hours per day. Frequent hand movement of one hand with the ability to make fast, simple, movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Frequently walks. Occasionally bends and twists neck. Light to moderate lifting and carrying objects with a maximum lift of 35lbs. Frequently drives to site locations and travels within the United States. Able to communicate complex information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. Frequently interacts with others, relates sensitive information to diverse groups. Ability to apply abstract principles to solve complex conceptual issues. Performs a wide range of complex tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence. Plans work assignments to meet objectives.
The estimated pay scale for Specialty Sales Representative role based in Los Angeles, California , is 125,000-145,000 per year. Additionally, the position is eligible to participate in the company’s sales incentive plan currently with a $40,000.00 uncapped commission target. We offer a wide variety of benefits including, but not limited to: Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, up to 5% 401(K) match and tuition reimbursement. Final compensation packages will ultimately depend on education, experience, skillset, knowledge, where the role is performed, internal equity and market data. We are committed to offering our employees opportunities for professional growth and career progression. Grifols is a global healthcare organization with employees in 30 countries focused on patient health and providing impactful results. Since our humble beginnings in 1909, Grifols has been a family company that prides itself on its family-like culture. Our company has more than tripled over the last 10 years, and you can grow with us!
Learn more about Grifols (http://www.grifols.com/es/web/international/home)
Req ID: 502448
Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Sales/Sales Operations