Interstate Blood Bank Laboratory Operations Manager in Memphis, Tennessee
Do you want to join an international team working to improve the future of healthcare? Do you want to improve the lives of millions of people? Grifols is a global healthcare company which, since its foundation in Barcelona in 1909, has been working to improve the health and well-being of people all over the world. Our four divisions - Bioscience, Diagnostic, Hospital and Bio Supplies - develop, produce and market innovative medicines, solutions and services in more than 100 countries and regions.
Manager Laboratory Operations
A Manager of Laboratory Operations manages day-to-day operations of an assigned department to ensure optimal laboratory performance. The incumbent must work closely with the laboratory Quality and Compliance department to ensure the laboratory meets and operates within the current requirements and guidelines of regulatory and accrediting agencies.
● Manage the day-to-day operations of his/her assigned department to ensure optimal performance
● Ensure strict adherence to standard operating procedures, regulatory requirements, and company policies
● Resolve deviations, perform investigations, root-cause analysis, impact assessments and CAPAs as necessary
● Oversee proper inventory of laboratory reagents/supplies, compile and submit end of month data, complete and submit requisitions for necessary reagents and supplies for approval
● Monitor, evaluate and communicate information regarding daily production, results, equipment performance, and LMS issues in an effective and timely manner
● Manage production schedules to meet laboratory workload demands, evaluate laboratory production processes and make recommendations to maximize efficiency and productivity
● Assess laboratory equipment needs to ensure adequate testing capacity to meet production goals and manage laboratory operation within defined budget goals.
● Monitor staffs' performance, train and/or mentor new employees, and perform competency assessments. Evaluate and counsel department personnel, make recommendations regarding terminating, promoting, demoting and salary changes for department personnel
● Interview and hire new employees, maintain adequate department staffing, review and approve employee time cards and time off requests
● Develop, write and implement standard operating procedures and policies as they pertain to the department, identify and evaluate the impact of SOP changes on total operations
● Write equipment, assay, and process validation protocols, identify critical control points and develop appropriate test cases to ensure proper validation
● Manage the execution of validations and implementation of new assays, instruments, procedures, and processes
● Review audit findings, assist in investigation and response to department observations, ensure proper closure of observations
This job description is intended to present the general content and requirements for the performance of this job. The description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Managers and supervisors may assign other duties as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in a life science is required. At a minimum, must meet CLIA requirements to qualify as a Technical Supervisor for high complexity testing. Certification as a Medical Technologist (MT)/Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) or Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) is preferred but not required.
Typically requires a minimum of 5 years laboratory experience performing high complexity testing and 3 or more years of supervisory experience
Must be able to speak, read and write in English. Strong organization skills, communication skills, and legible handwriting are essential. Must have knowledge of statistics, basic laboratory math and computer skills, effective phone and interpersonal communication skills. Must have the ability to apply rational thinking and understanding to carry out detailed written and oral instructions. Must possess the ability to deal with problems within the guidelines of standard operating procedures. Must have the ability to assess urgency, prioritize demands, analyze and evaluate information to make logical and compliant decisions. Must have a thorough understanding of assay methodologies and laboratory equipment. Must have strong leadership skills.
Work is performed in a laboratory environment. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. The employee is required to wear personal protective equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance, color, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to toxic and caustic chemicals, cold temperatures (≤ -20⁰C), and frequently to biological hazards. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Learn more about Grifols
Req ID: 496820
Type: Indefinido tiempo completo
Job Category: Plasma - Personal centro de donación