Grifols Shared Services North America, Inc Quality Manager in Phenix City, Alabama
Grifols is a global healthcare company whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of people. Our three divisions –Bioscience, Diagnostic and Hospital–develop, produce and market our innovative products and services to medical professionals in more than 100 countries.
We are committed to fostering an environment that creates continuous learning opportunities and encourages professional development and growth. As a company devoted to improving the health and well-being of people, we are looking for talented professionals worldwide. Make a difference and join us in this challenging and rewarding enterprise.
Job Title: Center Quality Manager
Excellent Opportunity for the Right Center Quality Assurance Manager! As a Center Quality Manager you will ensure that our plasma center is "inspection ready" at all times by managing adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and must be comfortable hosting audits, as well as leading and developing a team of Quality Associates. If you a leader looking for the next step in your career and want to join a company making a difference in patients' lives, apply now !
Primary responsibilities for role :
• Independent level of quality inspection and control. Ensures center compliance with quality standards and regulations. Collaborates with Center Managers to ensure product quality, donor suitability and donor safety.
• Directs and monitors processes and ensures center compliance with all applicable state, federal, and company-designated regulations.
• Ensures that Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are properly interpreted, implemented in a timely fashion, and that the staff performs according to all SOPs.
• Interprets and implements processes, regulations and SOPs for quality control and overall regulatory compliance, making independent decisions and modifications as required.
• Oversight of all aspects of internal and external audits including execution (if applicable). This includes documentation, review of and preparation of the response. Continuously assesses, promotes, and improves the effectiveness of the quality systems in the donor center through recognition of trends, investigation of failures in the execution of procedures, direct employee observation and review of center documents.
• Responsible for the personnel functions of the Quality Associate(s); including direction, assignment of work, hiring, development and training, disciplinary actions, termination, maintenance of all personnel records, management of work schedule and delegation/follow-up of tasks.
• Oversees product and biohazard waste shipments: Ensures shipments meet regulatory specifications and product release requirements; ensures accurate labeling and documentation; and, authorizes final shipment.
• Performs a review of the documentation of unsuitable test results and the disposition of the associated results.
• Works in collaboration with the Center Manager to develop the staff’s knowledge of their job function and how their performance relates to the end product and patient.
• Documents, investigates, and performs root cause analysis for deviations and customer complaints, specifically in how they relate to the safety of the donor and the quality of the product.
• Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent.
• Certified and proficient in quality and compliance.
• Works toward certification from American Society for Quality to be a Certified Quality Auditor.
• Works toward certification as a Designated Trainer for quality area.
• Typically requires 2 years of related experience in a medical and/or cGMP regulated environment.
• Experience with plasma or whole blood preferred .
Occupational Demands: Work is performed in an office and/or a laboratory/manufacturing environment. Exposure to biological fluids with potential exposure to infectious organisms. Exposure to electrical office equipment. Exposure to extreme cold below 32*, miscellaneous production Chemicals, moving machinery and production equipment. Exposure to high levels of noise on production floor. Personal protective equipment required such as protective eyewear, garments and gloves. Frequently sits for 6-8 hours per day. Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Occasionally walks. Occasionally bends and twists neck. Light to moderate lifting and carrying objects with a maximum lift of 35lbs. Frequently drives to site locations with occasional travel within the United States. Able to communicate complex information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. Works independently with little guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions and plans work schedules to meet goals. Frequently interacts with others, relates sensitive information to diverse groups. Must work with diverse groups to obtain consensus on issues. Ability to apply abstract principles to solve complex conceptual issues.
GRIFOLS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Minorities / Females / Disability / Veterans
Location: NORTH AMERICA : USA : GA
Talecris Plasma Resources - 4335 Victory Drive Columbus, GA, 31903
Learn more about Grifols at http://www.grifols.com/es/web/international/home