Grifols Shared Services North America, Inc Customer Support Specialist II - Laboratory Instrumentation in Raleigh, North Carolina
Do you want to join an international team working to improve the future of healthcare? Do you want to improve the lives of millions of people? Grifols is a global healthcare company which, since its foundation in Barcelona in 1909, has been working to improve the health and well-being of people all over the world. Our four divisions - Bioscience, Diagnostic, Hospital and Bio Supplies - develop, produce and market innovative medicines, solutions and services in more than 100 countries and regions.
The Customer Support Specialist II - Laboratory Instrumentation for Grifols DxCTS (Diagnostic Customer Technical Support) organization has the primary responsibility of providing the highest quality service and support to Grifols customers via phone. The TSS will provide direction to our customer base, distributors and corporate employees using analytical troubleshooting skills while documenting product inquiries or complaints in the Customer Relationship Management System (CRM). TSS is responsible for customer relationship management by responding to clients within designated timeframe regarding inquiries and complaints. The position will be responsible collaborating with interdepartmental teams to ensure proper resolution and close out of regulated documentation in the CRM system. The TSS II will serves as a subject matter expert on an individual platform and mentor other team members.
Primary responsibilities for role:
● Typically includes responsibilities of Customer Support Specialist II - Laboratory Instrumentation position of working directly with external and internal customers either by telephone, electronically, or face-to-face. Research customer issues using available and approved resources to provide customers with correct product and service information. Route calls, investigations or written response to appropriate resources. Responsible for accurate and timely documentation of all customer communication in the CRM system.
● Responsible for execution of routine instrument maintenance and basic troubleshooting of triage lab equipment.
● Communicates technical guidance to clients through email and written formats.
● Mentor to CSS I by providing feedback based on documentation review in CRM for accuracy and completeness within specified timeframes.
● Developed to be Subject Matter Expert on a specific product line and will assist in the review of technical documents such as job aids and new procedures for next level approval.
● Responsible for meeting and maintaining certification requirements on existing instrument platform and cross training as assigned to gain additional technical knowledge on other platforms.
● Gathers data and analyzes trends regarding instrument or reagent issues.
● Handled complex client inquires to assess if able to resolve or escalate support to Global Response Team.
● Monitors regulatory compliance for customer testing and potential claims.
● Continued development with ongoing training to enhance communication and presentation skills with clients and interdepartmental teams.
● Contributes to projects with cross functional teams and provides timely updates to stakeholders within designated timeframes.
● Up to 20% travel required for training, group meetings and general customer support.
● Facilitate operator training after certification as a trainer is established.
Specialized training for product line, chemistry of reagents, and/ or instrumentation. Maintains up to date knowledge with all technical bulletin and be able to specialize in platform. Constantly improves and seeks excellence in his/her role and area of expertise. Works in collaborative and inclusive ways with others, listens actively and communicates in a positive way. Reacts positively to difficult challenges or adversity, is a role model for other TSS team members and shares innovative ideas. Utilizes systemic thinking to improve internal processes and policies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Solid understanding of regulations in multiple laboratory settings and application of instrumentation. Gathering and data analysis of trending instrument issues. Strong technical writing skills and solid documentation practices in CRM system. Ability to handle multiple high priority projects and provide timely updates to stakeholders. Ability to serve as subject matter expert and mentor other team members as well as provide ongoing feedback. Strong communication skills and ability to adjust message based on audience.
Bachelor’s degree in health science or related field. Medical technologist certificate preferred.
3 years’ experience with troubleshooting medical devices including technical proficiency an instrumentation or assay development and/or execution. Experience in customer service facing role and working with cross functional environments. Experience with data analysis preferred.
Depending on the area of assignment, directly related experience or a combination of directly related education and experience and/or competencies may be considered in place of the stated requirements. Example: If a job level typically requires an Associate’s degree, plus 2 years of experience, an equivalent could include 4 years of experience or Bachelor’s degree.
Work hours change based on the needs of the customer and business, not conforming to a standard 40-hour work week. Work environment is office based and includes long periods of time sitting and typing at a computer workstation. Will spend a significant amount of time listening in and taking customer calls. Out of state travel may be required. Travel demands need to be met to facilitate this need. When at customer locations or in triage lab while observing/ assisting with instrument installation and/or preventative maintenance the ability to lift up to 50 lbs as needed.
EEO Minorities/ Disability/Veterans/Females
Req ID: 312080