Grifols Shared Services North America, Inc Director, Strategic Account Management in Raleigh, North Carolina
For more than 75 years, Grifols has worked to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. We are a global healthcare company that produces essential plasma-derived medicines for patients and provides hospitals and healthcare professionals with the tools, information and services they need to deliver expert medical care.
Grifols has been a leader in the healthcare industry since 1940 by creating innovative products and services based on the values of ethics, quality and responsibility. Grifols' activities focus on fulfilling the needs of its patients as well as healthcare professionals working in therapeutics, pharmacy, diagnostics and blood banking. For more than 60 years, Grifols has developed, manufactured and marketed product designed to improve human health. Grifols manufactures plasma derived biopharmaceutical products of proven efficacy, quality and safety. For more information, please visit our website: http://www.grifols.com at http://www.grifols.com/
In this rapidly evolving healthcare environment that is increasingly focused on cost, patient outcomes, and customer satisfaction, Grifols is committed to developing a new capability to engage with integrated health systems (IDNs). This US based position will allow Grifols to establish a new vertical focused on the unique needs of integrated health systems and increase customer equity for Grifols with this rapidly evolving customer. The Director of Strategic Account Management will lead a highly effective team of account managers developing enterprise wide solutions that employ a customer centric approach. The strategic account management team will develop, execute, and measure highly complex customer solutions that are aimed at decreasing the cost of care, increasing patient satisfaction, and improving overall outcomes. The director will be responsible for building and coaching the team of strategic account managers ensuring they execute the strategic priorities of Grifols within this customer segment. This individual must understand the complexities of integrated health systems (integrated delivery networks), their strategic needs, how to provide and define value within this customer segment, and possess a vast knowledge of the overall market needs. The director will report directly to the VP of Managed Markets.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
● Leads a collaborative team of strategic account managers to align the strategic priorities of targeted integrated health systems with Grifols solutions
● Collaborates with commercial sales teams, HEOR, marketing, and executive leadership to define and execute high priority projects with external customers
● Evaluates and disseminates team results to cross-functional internal stakeholders
● Sets clear expectations for both assigned team members and unassigned organizational stakeholders ensuring accountability and alignment on strategic goals
● Directs a strategic and consultative account management team that can understand customer needs and match Grifols solutions to fulfill those needs
● Capable of motivating team members through long sales-cycles that will ultimately enhance Grifols standing within the integrated health system customer segment
● Establishes consistent and clear communication with Grifols executive leadership with an ability to articulate key business opportunities and operational needs ensuring sustainable success
● Responsible for networking with internal shared service teams to evolve the data, analytics, targeting, and reporting capabilities ensuring a solid foundation of effective business intelligence tools
● Lead team members through contract negotiations that ensure a win-win for both the health system and Grifols
● Identify ongoing training needs for each team member ensuring continued development that maps to the core competencies required for effective strategic account management
● Manage vendor activities as needed to create and deploy team resources and support of value-based contracts
● Participate in organizations and activities that will advance the industry knowledge of Grifols and identify future trends for integrated health systems
*Contribute to North America staff meetings and take on special projects as directed
*Provide input to the Product Strategic Plans and Budgets
Skills/Qualifications/Education Requirements: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, education, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
Bachelor’s degree (advanced degree preferred) in health-related science (pharmacy, nursing, allied health), health care administration, business, marketing, or the equivalent. Account management and/or clinical background preferred but not required.
Requires 10-15 years healthcare sales and account management leadership or equivalent experience working for a pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or managed care customer type such as GPO, Wholesale/distributor, specialty pharmacy, health plan, or organized provider. Extensive experience leading account managers and a thorough knowledge of strategic account management is preferred by not required.
Excellent sales, analytical and platform presentation skills required
Excellent executive selling skills and ability to work with all levels of decision-makers
In-depth knowledge and understanding of the health care industry, specifically the managed care landscape with a focus on integrated health systems (IDNs)
Experience and expertise with high-level proposal and contract development and negotiations
Highly motivated individual, self-starter, overachiever with demonstrated initiative, assertiveness, maturity and ability to lead a team
Proven, professional and impeccable track record throughout career
Deep knowledge of sales tracking, sales analysis and profitability analysis
High degree of professionalism, business acumen, problem solving capabilities, keen judgment, integrity and ethical nature
Demonstrates the ability to develop measurable and actionable business plans that provide strategic direction and ensure team alignment
Depending on the area of assignment, directly related experience or a combination of directly related education and experience and/or competencies may be considered in place of the stated requirements. Example: If a job level requires a Bachelor’s degree plus 4 years of experience, an equivalency cold include 8 years of experience, an Associate’s degree with 6 years of experience or a Master’s degree with 2 years of experience
The majority of work is performed in the field requiring the ability to travel up to 60% of the time. The other 40% will be most likely in an office environment with exposure to electrical office equipment. In this environment one would be required to sit for 4-6 hours per day. Frequent hand movement of one hand with the ability to make fast, simple, movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Frequently walks. Occasionally bends and twists neck. Light to moderate lifting and carrying objects with a maximum lift of 35lbs. frequently drives to site locations and travels within the United States. Able to communicate complex information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. Frequently interacts with others, relates sensitive information to diverse groups. Ability to apply abstract principles to solve complex conceptual issues. Performs a wide range of complex tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence. Plans work assignments to meet objectives.
Location: [[mfield6]] : [[cust_building]]
Learn more about Grifols at http://www.grifols.com/es/web/international/home
Req ID: 71459
Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Sales/Sales Operations