Grifols Shared Services North America, Inc Engineer III in San Diego, California
For more than 75 years, Grifols has worked to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. We are a global healthcare company that produces essential plasma-derived medicines for patients and provides hospitals and healthcare professionals with the tools, information and services they need to deliver expert medical care.
Headquartered in Barcelona, Spain, Grifols has over 20.000 employees in 30 countries. Grifols’ three main divisions - Bioscience, Diagnostic and Hospital - develop, manufacture and market innovative products and services available in more than 100 countries.
A leader in transfusion medicine, the Diagnostic Division is a global business focused on providing innovative solutions to help ensure the safety of the blood and plasma supply, detect human diseases and monitor therapies. The division advances patient care with diagnostic solutions to improve disease detection and management, and simplify laboratory operations.
Fully qualified professional: Demonstrates consistent application of technical knowledge and/or regulatory knowledge in all/some of the following Engineering disciplines; Automation, Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Facilities and Process. Executes assignments of advanced complexity, developing solutions for defined problems.
Primary responsibilities for role:
● Ensures continuous operation of manufacturing equipment by maintaining and improving systems and equipment (automated and manual), in an FDA / GMP regulated environment.
● Produces anticipated results that contribute to business or technical goals.
● Develops alternative solutions to problems, handles complex problems independently.
● Responsible for providing engineering project support related to the design and implementation of both new and upgraded facilities, systems and equipment used in manufacturing as well as those systems that support those operations.
● Sustain facilities compliant with the FDA's Good Manufacturing Practice Regulations, as well ensure environmental and personal safety.
● Collaborates with other functional areas in Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, Regulatory, etc.
● Participates with all MTS personnel with Maintenance and Calibration issues.
Excellent interpersonal, technical writing and communication skills. Strong technical and problem solving skills in a manufacturing environment.
Designs and operates manufacturing technology for the organization.
Experience with robotics, PLCs, PLC networks, drives, motor controls, sensors, automation components, control instrumentation, proportional valves, servo controls, SCADA, HMI, vision systems and other automation platforms
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Demonstrates strong technical and/or regulatory expertise and ability to adapt to changing circumstances. Displays flexibility with assignments in different units/plants. Completes assignments in more than one business unit or functional area. Communicates effectively and promptly at all levels of the organization, supporting department objectives and management
BS Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering or related field.
At least 4 years of experience; Biotech or Chemical pharmaceutical industry experience preferred.
Working knowledge of cGMPs including equipment, technology, and quality systems requirements
Understanding of Calibration practices and methods
Demonstrates project management skills
Excellent communication skills, organizational skills, writing and problem-solving skills
Ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities, and prioritize and complete activities on time
Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with cross-functional stakeholders and co-workers
5S, OpEx, and Lean manufacturing experience a plus
Learn more about Grifols
Req ID: 75604
Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Engineering