Grifols Shared Services North America, Inc Lead Testing Technologist in San Marcos, Texas
Do you want to join an international team working to improve the future of healthcare? Do you want to improve the lives of millions of people? Grifols is a global healthcare company which, since its foundation in Barcelona in 1909, has been working to improve the health and well-being of people all over the world. Our four divisions - Bioscience, Diagnostic, Hospital and Bio Supplies - develop, produce and market innovative medicines, solutions and services in more than 100 countries and regions.
A Lead Testing Technologist provides leadership to a team of Testing Technologists to assist in ensuring the day-to-day assigned laboratory activities are completed based on established procedures and production schedule.
Primary responsibilities for role:
● Assist Supervisory personnel to ensure day-to-day assigned activities are consistently and accurately completed
● Ensure the department is maintained in a clean and organized manner including proper sample, material and supply storage as well as proper receipt of incoming materials
● Assist Supervisory personnel with review of source data prior to release to the Quality Department when necessary
● Serve as primary resource to testing personnel for troubleshooting instrument errors and testing inconsistencies
● Serve as a backup position for Testing Technologists, performing routine testing procedures and equipment maintenance tasks per established procedures.
● Assist with employee training and competency assessments as required
● Communicate information regarding daily production, instrument issues, testing/reagent problems to Supervisory personnel and next shift Leads to facilitate shift to shift transition of production workload
● Assess, address and document temperature deviations
● Assist the Supervisor in integrating new or revised procedures into the routine workflow
Accountability for staff performance, laboratory appearance and organization.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Must have knowledge of dilutions, ratios and other basic laboratory math. Strong organization skills, communication skills and legible handwriting are essential. Must speak, read and write English. Must have the ability to apply rational thinking and understanding to carry out detailed written and/or oral instructions, and the capacity to identify, document, communicate and resolve problems within regulatory guidelines and standard operating procedures. Must have the ability to prioritize demands, analyze and evaluate information to make logical and compliant decisions. Must have leadership skills and promote teamwork.
Bachelors degree in a life science is required. Must meet CLIA requirements to perform high complexity testing. Certification as a Medical Technologist (MT)/Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) or Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) is preferred but not required.
Typically requires a minimum of 1 year of experience performing high complexity testing.
4-7 years of experience preferred
Experience in a plasma testing laboratory or blood establishment is preferred but not required.
Work is performed in a laboratory environment. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance, color, peripheral vision, depth perceiption and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to toxic and caustic chemicals, cold temperatures ( ≤ -20⁰ C), and frequently to biological hazards. The employee is required to wear personal protective equipment and adhere to universal precautions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EEO Minorities/ Disability/Veterans
Grifols is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition or characteristics, disability or veteran's status or any other classification protected by applicable State/Federal laws. We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Req ID: 475679