Grifols Shared Services North America, Inc Testing Technologist Designated Trainer in San Marcos, Texas
Grifols is a global healthcare company whose mission is to improve the health and well being of people. Our three divisions –Bioscience, Diagnostic and Hospital–develop, produce and market our innovative products and services to medical professionals in more than 100 countries.
We are committed to fostering an environment that creates continuous learning opportunities and encourages professional development and growth. As a company devoted to improving the health and well-being of people, we are looking for talented professionals worldwide. Make a difference and join us in this challenging and rewarding enterprise.
Testing Technologist Designated Trainer provides training to Testing Technologists and is responsible for the compliance and quality of test results generated by the trainee during the training period. A Designated Trainer also assists in the development of training modules and continuing education material.
● Perform initial training for new-hire Testing Technologists and re-training for other Testing Technologists as necessary
● Perform Testing Technologist competency assessments
● Provide complete and accurate training documentation for trainees
● Responsible for SOP compliance and quality of test results generated by trainee until the trainee is signed off to perform tasks independently
● Communicate information regarding trainee progress, status, or issues to supervisory personnel
● Assist in the development of training modules and continuing education material
● Serve as a resource to testing personnel for troubleshooting instrument errors and testing inconsistencies
● Serve as a backup for Testing Technologists, performing routine testing and equipment maintenance per established procedures.
● Assess, address and document temperature deviations
● Assist the Supervisor in integrating new or revised procedures into the routine workflow
This job description is intended to present the general content and requirements for the performance of this job. The description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Managers and supervisors may assign other duties as needed.
BA/BS degree in a life science or certified Medical Technologist (MT)/Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) with a minimum of 1 year experience in plasma testing laboratory or blood establishment performing high complexity testing; or an AAS degree and certification as a Medical Laboratory Technician(MLT) with a minimum of 2 years experience performing high complexity testing including 1 year experience in a plasma testing laboratory or blood establishment.
Typically requires a minimum of 1 year of experience performing high complexity testing in a plasma testing laboratory and certification
Must have knowledge of dilutions, ratios and other basic laboratory math. Strong organization skills and legible handwriting are essential. Must have strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to apply rational thinking and understanding to carry out detailed written and/or oral instructions, and the capacity to identify, document, communicate and resolve problems within regulatory guidelines and standard operating procedures. Must have the ability to analyze and evaluate information to make logical and compliant decisions. Must have the ability to prioritize demands and apply problem solving skills.
Accountability for trainee performance and robustness of the training modules
Work is performed in a laboratory environment. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance, color, peripheral vision, depth perceiption and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to toxic and caustic chemicals, cold temperatures ( ≤ -20⁰ C), and frequently to biological hazards. The employee is required to wear personal protective equipment and adhere to universal precautions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Learn more about Grifols at http://www.grifols.com/es/web/international/home
Req ID: 72071
Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Admin/Clerical