Grifols Shared Services North America, Inc Donor Center Technician in Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Grifols is a global healthcare company whose mission is to improve the health and well being of people. Our three divisions –Bioscience, Diagnostic and Hospital–develop, produce and market our innovative products and services to medical professionals in more than 100 countries.
We are committed to fostering an environment that creates continuous learning opportunities and encourages professional development and growth. As a company devoted to improving the health and well-being of people, we are looking for talented professionals worldwide. Make a difference and join us in this challenging and rewarding enterprise.
Donor Center Technician DCT
Primary responsibilities for role
● Conducts pre-donation medical screening in accordance with established guidelines.
● Determines Hematocrit (HCT) and Protein via finger stick and use of the hematastat and refractometer.
● Promotes customer satisfaction through appropriate interaction and responsiveness to customer needs.
● Assesses donor suitability and engages in set-up, monitor, and disconnect procedures of the plasmapheresis machine and donors.
● Provides appropriate feedback to ineligible donor candidates.
● Ensures all donor screening information is complete and accurate prior to donation.
● Ensures donor confidentiality.
● Effectively communicates donor medical information to Medical Staff.
● Establishes and maintains donor files in an organized and efficient manner.
● Maintains accurate and thorough documentation of necessary records.
● Assists in maintaining a clean, organized and efficient work area, including maintaining supplies necessary to perform job duties.
● Disposes of all contaminated disposable equipment.
● Builds rapport with donors to ensure overall customer satisfaction with the center to support long-term donation.
● Performs general administrative duties, including greeting donors in a friendly manner, answering phones, and assisting center management as needed.
● Learns and maintains through familiarity and compliance with all state and federal regulations, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved Standard Operating Procedure Manual, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA), Current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) and internal company procedures.
● Maintains and ensures proper sanitation and cleaning of equipment and work areas between donors.
May assist, plan and participate in marketing programs, community service activities, mentoring, training, facility care and continuous improvement activities.
High School diploma or GED. Obtains required state licensures or certifications where applicable.
Typically requires no previous related experience.
Location: [[mfield6]] : [[cust_building]]
Learn more about Grifols at http://www.grifols.com/es/web/international/home
Req ID: 78609
Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Nursing/Healthcare